Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on replacing my dashboard speakers. It's done so I'd like to share. There is some missing information as the dash-plug-anchors in one of the pictures was a "before" before I had to trim the head of the anchor. But having said that here we go. I removed my factory dash tweeters (RF 2005 unit tweeters) and retro-fitted some speakers that weren't designed to do so. They are 4 ohm and after all was said and done they sound great. The speakers are JL Audio C1-100CTs. I had a friend 3d print a mount-point before I drilled a 1.75" hole in the center and wallowed out the 4 holes for the mount.

Here is the 3d model I started with. Print it x2 but then be ready to modify it for the speaker and the mount:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2011491

I'm attaching pictures of the mount but I can't control the order they show up =). Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
So you had to make the holes larger? Unless he printed at 100% infill (solid piece) it'll mess up the plastic. If you give me dimensions I can make you a CAD model to print. That shape would only take a few minutes to draw up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It all worked out. What he was printing was a model from thing-verse that was meant for a Nissan 300z tweeter replacement which looked like it would work. The hole was too small and the only drill bits I had were for lock replacement in "inches" thus the mismatch. The kit that came with the speakers helped me securely mount it. I do appreciate the offer though... thank you very much.

Now today.. I tried to remove the center-dash area to replace that 3" speaker in the middle up and behind the navigation screen. That didn't go well as the dash plastic was 15+ years old. I'm now the proud owner of a few dozen pieces of silver plastic that used to be my dash.

Thank you again for your kind offer it is appreciated but not necessary.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
My approach was just to make a template and make a 1/4 " ABS mount.
It fits perfect and l liked the look so I left it alone.
I was going to cover in some vinyl hence the recess (that I actually like the look)

Also installed a smaller JL in the door.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts