Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching and found a couple of tires in the stock 265/70/18, but want to see what all is out there. Having a hard time finding something locally that is not at an outrageous price.

Bridgestone Dueler Revos = 1 place $239 each and 1 place (authorized dealer) said they are discontinued

Other then those noone has given me any other options besides a Continental and Goodyear...both are not an option for me.

Please help!

·
Registered
578 Posts
warrenm said:
I tried searching and found a couple of tires in the stock 265/70/18, but want to see what all is out there. Having a hard time finding something locally that is not at an outrageous price.

Bridgestone Dueler Revos = 1 place $239 each and 1 place (authorized dealer) said they are discontinued

Other then those noone has given me any other options besides a Continental and Goodyear...both are not an option for me.

Please help!

Iam searching for tires also because my crapyears have evaporated over the last month heres what I found

BFG AT KO 285/65/18 same diameter as stock 1048 installed at sams club

Mickey Thompson Baja Atz 275/70/R18 measures 33.3 instead of stock 32.6
1098 shipped from summit racing EDIT I found out from summit they will not have this size till Sept/Oct

Cooper Discoverer ATR LT275/70R18 746 OTD installed from a local shop
tread is not very aggressive

Cooper Discoverer ST LT275/65R18 225-250 per tire from local shop

There are also offerings from Kumo and Nitto that will fit our trucks
Tirerack.com also has some tires for our truck including the stock crap years you have on now. I know a couple members have bought Goodyear silent armor tires. The forum favorite seems to be the nittos but they are not good in the snow per the Alaska members.

I did not look at mudders because I was looking for a AT tire but some of those will fit too

you should be able to fit up to a 305 without scrubbing no personal experience
just what ive read and been told

Heres a tire size calculator for you to use
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp

good luck"misslelau

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It appears that 305/60/18 will fit but I cannot find anything with that either...yet!!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Try the BFG KO in 285 65 18" Same hight as the factory goodyears - a little wider and no more worried about not getting traction or towing issues. I bought mine in load range "D" because the "E" was a little too stiff for my ride taste.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hated my sra also, spent the last month trying to find a suitable AT/ tire. The bfg are good tires with a proven record, although I never got great mileage out of two sets in the past. I just couln't justify $250+ a tire.

I'm extemely happy with what I "settled" for. I put a 2"prg leveling kit on my 04 crew 4x4, with the new Goodyear Silent Armour Prograde tire in 275/70/18. Only $190 ea installed. Very aggressive tread, 50K warranty, and super quite.

Tire rack has given them very good ratings on all surfaces, fantastic in the rain is all I can say so far. There is a posting a couple of weeks ago with rave reviews in the mud. Only time will tell, on wear.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone has opinions on Yokohama Geolander AT-S?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
warrenm said:

Please help!
Revos should go for about $160-$180. I doubt they are discontinued. It may be that your tire dealer may be discontinuing that tire and looking for a higher margin product.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I saw a Titan with the 305 60 18 on they fit and where Toyo's only $137 Guy had them from the ************** site they looked nice said they were good in the rain on the way up to Jersey. Hope this helps

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just put 4 Firestone Destination LE's on mine after the Goodyears were shot at 40K miles. Nice looking tire, great ride, low road noise and the same specs as the OEM tire. Paid $130 and change per tire.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I asked about the 305's and my local guy said he would not recommend it...he's starting to irritate me, but my options are very limited around my area.

He said I could get the Yokohama's for around $200 a tire. I think price gouging occurs in the tire world as well!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
warrenm said:
I asked about the 305's and my local guy said he would not recommend it...he's starting to irritate me, but my options are very limited around my area.

He said I could get the Yokohama's for around $200 a tire. I think price gouging occurs in the tire world as well!
There are many online tire sites, including Tire Rack who is a site sponsor. If you are not getting what you want, then I would suggest to go elsewhere, especially if you feel you are being taken advantage of.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compa...rating=W&speed_rating=Y&RunFlat=All&x=94&y=10

·
Registered
578 Posts
jgray4567 said:
Just put 4 Firestone Destination LE's on mine after the Goodyears were shot at 40K miles. Nice looking tire, great ride, low road noise and the same specs as the OEM tire. Paid $130 and change per tire.

i am amazed that you got 40k out of your goodyears:dunno:

·
Registered
561 Posts
warrenm said:
Anyone has opinions on Yokohama Geolander AT-S?
Yep. I've had them (285x60x18) on for about 30k miles, and I'm very happy with them. I got them from Discount Tire since they offer free rotation/balance for the life of the tire. The stockers were the same size as yours, so your speedo would be off by about 3% (when the speedo reads 60 you're really going 58).

Edit - Actually my tires are HT-S, not AT-S.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have really contemplated ordering online but I know that tire shops will charge you pretty steap prices for putting the tires on if you don't buy from them. I guess I will see what the charges will be for mounting and balancing if I bring them the tires. Hopefully it will be under $1034...which is the quote I got for the Revos out the door. I really like the looks of the Revo so I will strongly consider ordering on-line.

·
Registered
578 Posts
warrenm said:
I have really contemplated ordering online but I know that tire shops will charge you pretty steap prices for putting the tires on if you don't buy from them. I guess I will see what the charges will be for mounting and balancing if I bring them the tires. Hopefully it will be under $1034...which is the quote I got for the Revos out the door. I really like the looks of the Revo so I will strongly consider ordering on-line.

Shop around at all the different tire shops in your area most should be willing to price match the the lowest shop. Most of the tire dealers in the my area get there tires from the same suppliers the difference in price is the overhead cost. I found the tires I was looking for at dealer that wasn't listed on the tire companies website but i come to find out all these tire shops I called were getting quotes from the same wholesaler before they could give me a price.
There was a 50 dollar difference from lowest to highest. Good luck"misslelau

·
Registered
834 Posts
Anyone running Cooper Discoverer 275-70's on 18" rims? The ST & STT look nice, and have good load ratings. According to the calculator, there will only be a 1 mph difference from stock. I'm concerned that the tire will rub on full turn since I am running stock height. Comments?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just had a set of Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas, 265/70/18, put on to replace the OEM Goodyears and man do they blow the SRAs away!! :gunz: The ride is ten times smoother and very quiet at highway speeds. They seem to handle a lot better as well. These Alenzas are great for highway/street use and could probably be used for light off-roading. So far, I'm impressed and they have a nice aggressive look to them. I'll try and post a picture this evening.

·
Registered
578 Posts
07cajuntitan said:
Anyone running Cooper Discoverer 275-70's on 18" rims? The ST & STT look nice, and have good load ratings. According to the calculator, there will only be a 1 mph difference from stock. I'm concerned that the tire will rub on full turn since I am running stock height. Comments?
I should be getting these sometime next week. As far as the rubbing goes they are a little larger than stock, but not by much an inch or so. There should be no rubbing issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went through the same thing, and ended up getting the toyo MT's in a 275/70/18. I got them installed for just under $1100 and there is a $100 mail in rebate!! I'll upload some better pics this weekend after I can wash the truck.
P.S. Im running everything else stock, and I don't have any rubbing

2.JPG

3.JPG

1.JPG

1 - 20 of 20 Posts