Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Very disappointed with Nissan's navigation system. The only feature I even like on it is my MPG/Miles to empty. So I'm thinking about swapping it out with an aftermarket nav. Question is has anyone done this and will it even fit where the stock nav is? I'm looking at the Pioneer AVIC-X910B as the replacement. I can still use my steering wheel controls with it. I'm doing an entire system in my truck anyway and though i really want to keep my truck in the stock form as i like the clean look. The lack of features and having to pull over to use any option on my navigation sucks. :crying:

·
Registered
255 Posts
It won't fit where the factory nav is. The 910b is now 2 complete generations behind Pioneer's current model. Integrating steering wheel controls requires a third party controller that is difficult to to install and will not give you complete functionality (such as the phone buttons). Several vehicle systems are integrated with the stock nav (TPS, trip computer, maintenance warnings, etc) that you will lose.

Basically, while it can be done, replacing a stock RF system with Nav is far more difficult than upgrading the non-nav. You are correct in that the stock nav is terrible. Unfortunately the best way to "upgrade" it starts with not getting a Titan that has one :)

Your best bet would be to ping Courtesy Nissan or another Nissan parts dealer and get the front non-nav surround pieces, then a third-party double-din kit, and start from there. You are probably going to find it isn't worth the time or money though. The stock nav is bad, but you already have it, and the ones in the aftermarket units aren't that much better.

I speak from experience :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had some aftermarket units and i really liked my kenwood with the garmin navigation. After using that and comparing it to the stock it really shows me how crappy this stock navigation is. I'm waiting to find out from my dealership if i can upgrade my vehicle information display to show the miles to empty etc.(since it shows on nav) Take out the stock nav, already bought an aftermarket kit to install a new aftermarket system right where the controls for the stock nav are, Take out stock navigtion screen and put in LCD screen in its place and hook it up to dvd player so whatever is playing in the back will also play in the front. Still contemplating all this though of course before i take the plunge. we will see :coolsmile

1 - 3 of 3 Posts