Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that wish to add an amp or two without replacing their factory radio the REQ has got your number. The REQ does exactly what it is supposed to do which is a rarety in car audio these days. It cleans up the audio signal very well and gives you a multitude of adjustments. The REQ allows you to adjust LEFT, RIGHT and SUBWOOFER gains independently so you can get the most out of your factory head unit and aftermarket amplifiers. It also offers a couple of bass enhancement modes along with a variable Subsonic Filter and a variable Low Pass Crossover. It literally sounds like you have an aftermarket head unit isntalled. The REQ is the best factory signal processor per dollar I have ever tested. It is small, affordable and easy to install.

The best place to tap for power and audio signal is directly behind the HU assuming you do NOT have the Rockford Package. If you have the Rockford system you will need to tap for signal after the amplifier. The factory radio is very easy to remove.

Pics 1 and 2: Locate the 10 pin plug behind the radio. This harness is where you will find 12V constant and all four signal wires.

Pics 2 and 3: Strip back the factory tape and remove the black clip on the upper right side of the dash to give you additional room to work. You will find 4 wires with blue tape on them. This is where the front factory speakers are spliced. Remove the tape and tap these wires. I used QD's to make the installation quick and painless.

The larger yellow wire is 12V constant. These are the only wires you need to tap.

The REQ senses the signal from the audio cables and gives you a remote turn on for your amplifiers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I mounted the REQ under the glove box. I attached the REQ to the metal frame of the dash using 2 #6x1.5" metal screws. You can also use the frame as a ground. The REQ fits like a glove in this location, it is easy to access for adjustments and is completely out of site.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Pic 1: It is easy to attach power to the factory battery post using a ring terminal. I prefer street wire rings and a little heat shrink tubing.

Pic 2: Loom tubing and a firewall bushing make for a clean install.

Pics 3-5: Bass boost remote mounted under drivers dash. NO, I am not responsible for the messy alarm wires in the backround.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This is a simple amp rack built around the heater duct under the passenger seat. 4 pieces of MDF rest under the carpet attached to the floor with double sided tape. The top 3 pieces simply screw into the lower pinching the carpet for a secure amp rack. The heater duct is still usable and you do not have to drill any holes in your truck. Amp rack is solid and will not move.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Pic 4: You can see in this picture that the wires are not visible. I simply cut a little piece of carpet and attached it to the amp rack to hide the wires. It looks clean and you do not have to worry about dropping something conductive under the seat and arcing the amp.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Riverratt said:
Where is the factory amp for the RF system?
Its right above the gas pedal on the drivers side firewall. And is a paint to remove . i would just grab the wires in the kickpanels or along the side trim panels.

·
Registered
940 Posts
As always P-Diz, very nice work and nice writeup. The amp rack looks good. Is that a KnuKonceptz fuse holder? What firewall bushing do you use?

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
travelship said:
As always P-Diz, very nice work and nice writeup. The amp rack looks good. Is that a KnuKonceptz fuse holder? What firewall bushing do you use?
Thanks.... Yes, that is Knu's 4 gauge fuse holder. This particular bushing came in a Street Wires bubble pack but all of them I have used have been the exact same piece.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Very nice job. I started building a similar component rack for under my passenger seat today, and had a quick question for you. Where did you get the carpet for it from, and what color is it? It looks like it matches the almond interior perfectly, and I havent been able to find any carpeting online that matches.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts