Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have been a longtime lurker and many of you have helped me. I am hoping my post helps you with your sound system. I replaced a blown right-front passenger speaker. Tested the speaker and it was for sure blown. After looking at the speaker I thought wow kinda low grade and not worthy of the RF name. Any way even before I replaced the speaker I thought the stereo sound bad. I thought well when the new speaker is in maybe it will be better. It was a little better in that there was sound coming out of it. But it did not have much volume and just had a flat low volume almost mono sound. The subwoofer did not seem to contribute much if any to the sound. No dynamic range. I was like great the amp is probably bad and maybe the subwoofer or head unit. I thought this may get expensive. I googled and went on these forms hoping I would find answers and had no luck.

So I decided to "reboot the truck" I disconnected the battery said a little prayer and went to have dinner. Came back to it fully expecting nothing to change reconnected the battery and I could not believe it the sound was the old great-sounding powerful sound I remember!!!!

So if any of you are having issues with your RF system give it a try you have nothing to lose. But, I must admit after closer examination and reading the many posts on here regarding the RF sound system it is cheap and built more for-profit to Nissan than the end customer.

Good Luck
BB

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
263 Posts
Thanks for the tip!

I discovered years ago the "premium brand" car stereos are all basically cheap crap that the manufacturer just paid a licensing fee so they could slap a big name on the speaker grilles. You still get paper cones and low-end components, be it Bose, Infinity, JBL or whatever. There's no way these companies would sell such garbage directly under their brand, but there must be enough money in the licensing deals that they'll let a n auto maker do it for them. Personally, I'm planning a complete Fosgate-ectomy job on my 2012 SL.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The RF hu went T U on my '15 and the replacement hu was installed under warranty.
When I paired it to my phone, it showed as a Frontier to be paired with??
The radio sounded AWESOME!!! Way better than the original. 8 on the volume was way louder than full volume before and the sub was literally giving my tush a meaningful massage.
I went back to see if they could get it to display as Titan to be paired with. Well, turns out that the tech hadn't "configured" the new hu. As a result of the "configuring" all the new found great sound was gone, back to the vanilla blandness of the original hu.
So if you ever get the hu replaced, don't let them "configure" it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts