Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm in the market for a bed cover and would like a retractable cover that will install and won't interfere with the utilitrak system. I have a bed extender and a bed divider, and don't want to lose the funtionality of either one. I've looked at hard covers, but would prefer the retractable that can get out of the way much easier. Any suggestions?

Thks!!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Before you post a new topic, please Read this thread and search the forums for other answers to your question. This way we won't have a dozen threads all asking the same thing with only a few answers in each.

Thank you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're absolutely right. I can see how much more important it is to have 50 threads about "I got my new truck" than it is to have two threads about something useful. Sorry for wasting your time.

rrumaner said:
Before you post a new topic, please Read this thread and search the forums for other answers to your question. This way we won't have a dozen threads all asking the same thing with only a few answers in each.

Thank you

·
Registered
124 Posts
do I detect a tone of sarcasm?

seriously, I have been searching for the same thing to no avail. But after thinking about it, unless you are using the side rails for a specific application (which I am not), do like the rest and take them off. The only specific application I can think of that applies is the sliding toolbox and bed divider - neither of which will work with most covers installed anyways. Yea?

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
newenglandtitan said:
seriously, I have been searching for the same thing to no avail. But after thinking about it, unless you are using the side rails for a specific application (which I am not), do like the rest and take them off. The only specific application I can think of that applies is the sliding toolbox and bed divider - neither of which will work with most covers installed anyways. Yea?
Why do you say the divider will not work with a cover? It doesn't stick up above the side rails and shouldn't interfere with the operation of cover in any way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bed divider and extender should both be able to work with a cover installed (neither sticks up above the bed). They are both mounted using the side (utilitrak) rails. If I have to remove the rails, which is what is required for all retractable bed covers that I have found, then I can no longer use either the divider or extender, which is not acceptable. I may just end up getting a hard cover, but this somewhat limits access to the front of the bed. The soft covers are also an option, but they are not as secure (wouldn't feel safe leaving anything in the back).

newenglandtitan said:

·
Registered
124 Posts
MD_Canteen_Titan said:
The bed divider and extender should both be able to work with a cover installed (neither sticks up above the bed). They are both mounted using the side (utilitrak) rails. If I have to remove the rails, which is what is required for all retractable bed covers that I have found, then I can no longer use either the divider or extender, which is not acceptable. I may just end up getting a hard cover, but this somewhat limits access to the front of the bed. The soft covers are also an option, but they are not as secure (wouldn't feel safe leaving anything in the back).

I wasn't thinking about these components "sticking up above the bed" as the issue, but rather sticking up above the rails that are needed for a cover...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW- I got this response regarding a RollBak cover from BAK Industries:

Hello,

The RollBak's for the Titan require that the tracks of your rail system be dropped slightly.

We are working on a solution that won't require any modifications, however at this point, the track system on your truck won't allow the clamps that hold the rails of the cover on, to fit properly.

We are working profusely to remedy this issue and should have something concrete within a month from now.

Sincerely,

BAK Industries
Customer Service
www.bakliner.com
(818) 764-0031

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for posting that MD_Canteen! That Rollbak system is exactly what I want/been looking for!! And it has a storage place for tools to boot. Let us know how the system works if you get it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts