Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently tried installing Retro-Solutions 9005 LED bulbs in my 2014 Pro-4X. I can't seem to get them to mount in straight and securely. The diameter of the heat sink looks to be interfering with a small plastic nub on the headlight ***'y. For now I've gone back to the stock high beam halogens.

I've been using Retro's 9006 low beam LED's with no problems. They work great and installed easily.

How anyone else experienced this or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I recently tried installing Retro-Solutions 9005 LED bulbs in my 2014 Pro-4X. I can't seem to get them to mount in straight and securely. The diameter of the heat sink looks to be interfering with a small plastic nub on the headlight ***'y. For now I've gone back to the stock high beam halogens.

I've been using Retro's 9006 low beam LED's with no problems. They work great and installed easily.

How anyone else experienced this or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks
We haven't heard of any fitment issues on the Titans at all. Is there anyway to take a photo of where you are running into trouble?

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently operator error. I tried again today, and they went in with minimal hassle. It does seem they can be installed in two different orientations...what I mean is LEDs can be oriented straight up and down, or at like a 45 degree angle. Don't know if it causes any difference in light output or pattern.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
ok, so now you have all 4 LED in the housing, how do you like the lighting pattern? anything different from the halogens? same length down the road output?

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ok, so now you have all 4 LED in the housing, how do you like the lighting pattern? anything different from the halogens? same length down the road output?
The low beams are much brighter than stock halogens, and definitely throw more light down the road. They really light up the street signs and road markings. I did have to lower them slightly....getting flashed from oncoming cars. Could possibly be from a slightly less focused light pattern then the halogens. Worth the upgrade in my opinion.

I didn't get a chance to try high beams at night. I'll update thread when I use them...hopefully tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
The low beams are much brighter than stock halogens, and definitely throw more light down the road. They really light up the street signs and road markings. I did have to lower them slightly....getting flashed from oncoming cars. Could possibly be from a slightly less focused light pattern then the halogens. Worth the upgrade in my opinion.

I didn't get a chance to try high beams at night. I'll update thread when I use them...hopefully tomorrow.
Thank you for the reply, I`m inclined to try these out after reading more information about them... I can agree that the Titan lacks in good lighting. My wifes 2013 Frontier with Philips extreme vision bulbs are phenomenal and light up everything well.

my Titan is ok with the philips extremes, but I want more...:wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts