Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just like the title, I installed an alpine ivA-505 with a boyo back up camera everything works fine, but when I signal the screen flashes black for a second then goes back to normal through the flashing, then when I signal again it does this everytime. I have the wires running from the reverse lights spliced in with the reverse wire on the back of the tv, so it will only turn on (get power to the camera) when I am in reverse. Someone has to know how to fix this or what is wrong with it thanks alot!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed a reverse camera this weekend and came searching for the exact same issue. I keep reading the posts saying to splice in near the passenger kick panel, but the harness reference didn't have the green/white wire. Therefore, I just spliced in at the reverse light and I am now having the same issue.

·
Registered
221 Posts
is there a chance you spliced into the wrong wire in the tail light, instead of the reverse you tapped the directional?

I am installing mine tomorrow and I will let you know if I have any issues.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It is just a power surge sent thru the wiring. I put a meter on it and it did it about 30% of the time when initially turning on the blinker. I dunno what causes it but it is on Nissan's side. Maybe wires are too close and leakage voltage is getting thru or a relay is too slow?

Not your fault at all. Confirmed by volt meter.

I connected my radio power side to the front passenger side kick panel green wire and rear power to the trailer hitch plug. Does this but only 30% of the time and it is doing it all over. Not just where I spliced. And I am an Avionics Technician on the B-1b bomber. So yeah, the wiring was immaculate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts