Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for all you electrically knowledgeable guys. I am certainly not one of them...lol I replaced my passenger rear reverse light bulb not long ago as it was out. When I pulled the bulb, it appeared that there was some corrosion in the socket so I cleaned it up some, put some dielectric grease in it and put it back in. Now I have to tap the light while in reverse to get it to come on but it doesn't stay on...any ideas? Thanks and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Make sure the bulb socket isn't damaged. If there was enough corrosion the fragile metal tab inside the socket could have broke off or partially and not making good contact. I had a similar issue with lots of corrosion on my passenger side also. I would take it back apart and inspect that socket for damage. A test light and someone to put the truck in and out of reverse will make things easy for testing. Best of luck and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, there didn't appear to be that much corrosion but I'm gonna have to get back in there and give it another look.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Let us know! About to go fix mine again. Not sure why the passenger side gets so corroded even with dialectic grease. Tempted to silicone around the bulb socket to permanently keep the moisture out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts