Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing a back up alpine backup cam for my Alpine inaw900bt. Is there a reverse light wire to tap behind the dash? Color?

I have a base 2008 SE CC.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Rather than tapping a wire, why dont your get yourself an "add a circuit" and tap from the fuse box. This eliminates cutting into your OEM wiring and is a "cleaner" install; easily removed, if needed.
:eyebrow:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry tapping the fuse panel is definitely not a "cleaner" install. You should just tap the reverse light back at the light. Otherwise it's in your passenger kick and it's green/white

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I guess it goes without saying "to each his own". The add a circuit is more or less "plug and play". Plug it into the fuse box and connect output power to your accessory you wish to power. You do not alter the original wiring what so ever--no cutting/splicing. Doesnt get much cleaner than that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I guess it goes without saying "to each his own". The add a circuit is more or less "plug and play". Plug it into the fuse box and connect output power to your accessory you wish to power. You do not alter the original wiring what so ever--no cutting/splicing. Doesnt get much cleaner than that.
I'm gonna venture to say you're the guy who daisy chains power strips together to get enough outlets as well. If you tap wires correctly it's better looking and "cleaner" than having a bunch of fuses tapped into in the fuse box. I think by cleaner you mean the easier lazy way to do things. I'll refer you back to MECP 101

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'm gonna venture to say you're the guy who daisy chains power strips together to get enough outlets as well. If you tap wires correctly it's better looking and "cleaner" than having a bunch of fuses tapped into in the fuse box. I think by cleaner you mean the easier lazy way to do things. I'll refer you back to MECP 101
Whoa Whoa Whoa Buddy. I think you need to re-read this guys thread. "buncha fuses tapped into a fuse box"? Who said anyting about multiple? I would agree with you if that were the case. Before you start insulting my knowledge, how you about you confirm what the guy is referring to.

·
Premium Member
58,392 Posts
That's kind of harsh DeplorableOne.

Reactions: BobNYC

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok, I went to the passenger side, found the 3 wire tiny harness. Tapped to the green and white.

Then I hooked up the reverse cam's red to the red and green (i believe) in the driver side reverse light and the black to black. My camera is not working, what am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Check that you have 12 volts on the wire you tapped when you shift into reverse. Check the black wire to make sure it is ground. The tapped point should go two places - power wire to the camera and 'reverse' wire on the HU (this tells the HU the car is in reverse and activates the camera input circuit).

Some HUs have settings to turn on the camera (b/u camera present) and also what the input polarity to sense for turnon (in your case that would be 12V).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts