Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all let me say I have no lift whatsoever, a stock height '05 Titan 4x4 OR. Second of all, I'm using the 295/70-17 Terra Grapplers on the OR rims with no accomodations. I'm having no rubbing issues whatsoever... even went off-road to try and make them rub. They do come close, but no cigar...

Dry Weather: Very quiet tire, grippy (especially compared to my bald BFG Rugged Trails), does not even squeal around turns my BFGs would've sang over.

Wet Weather: Very quiet still, traction is defintely a step above the BFGs (even when they were new), the tires will only slip around very sharp turns when too much gas is applied... I actually had to try to break them loose. With the BFGs I would slide out all the time accidentally on the same turns, but they were bald.

Snow/Ice Weather: Haven't had the chance to test this yet.

Comfort: Very soft riding, better than the BFGs hands down. Of course it's not Caddy, but it rides like I would've wanted the truck to from the factory.

Looks: Badass. I've gotten plenty of compliments from friends. They are aggressive looking, but obviously no mudder. Considering their quietness, I am very impressed overall.

Would I buy it again? Let's wait and see how the run in snow. I HATED the BFGs in inclement weather. Okay, I hated those tires in all weather. They blow.

For me, mileage is not a big deal... if I get 25k miles out of a set or 60k, if the tire is safe and comfortable, I'll gladly pay to replace them.

If anyone is every considering buying these tires please IM me I will be glad to address all your concerns to the best of my ability. IMO, tires are the most important part of a vehicle. After all, they're the only part in contact with the road.

-Cyrus

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Thanks for the review Cyrus!

Do you know if they have a 2-ply or 3-ply side wall? [I think this information is on the sidewall].

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Would I buy it again? Let's wait and see how the run in snow. I HATED the BFGs in inclement weather. Okay, I hated those tires in all weather. They blow.
Wow, most people have had very good weather reviews for the BFG A/T's...

I'm running the Nittos also, same size and wheels...So far very happy. Here in So. Kalifornia we don't get much bad weather, but we do have desert, and these have done fine so far and their on-road manners are just as reviewed above.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
My BFG AT KO's were great in bad weather during their 1st 3/4 of life, but now they totaly bite ... well don't bite in the rain. I'm up to 240 lbs. of sand in the bed and I might end up adding more. About 10k miles of tread left but they have gone south.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thanks a bunch for the review. It pretty much sums up all the questions I had regarding that particular tire and size. I did PM you a question though.
Thanks!!!
Zack

·
Registered
158 Posts
Got the same tire/Wheel combo. They work great. A lot of times I didn't even need 4wd, because they worked so well in snow/ice.

I do think my gas MPG is down though.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
A mud tire they are definitely not! Other than not being able to release sloppy mud, I have no complaints with these tires. I have about 25,000 miles on them and they are running great. It's amazing what a rotation every other oil change can do for a smooth ride. They have worn MUCH better than the stock Rugged Trail tires.

Since putting on this sized tire, the best mileage I have gotten is 15 mpg. City driving is closer to 12.5 mpg.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts