Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pics or opinion on the Revotec Black Heads for our truck.

I am not yet able to post a link so search for Item number: 150154231075 on ebay.

Before you answer.

I know I can open and paint my own heads black for less but these look very nice and I am not into the DIY thing.

I have also seen the black Halo's and they are way to Rice for me.

Thank You for your input.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Wow, they look nice. I might just have to get myself a set too. I was planning on cracking mine open to do this, but now I'll just buy them done. I had no idea someone was selling them this way. Thanks for the info man!

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr. Mantis,

I cannot vouch for the quality of these heads as I have only seen them on the ebay listing.

I am assuming from your reply and member status that these are a new product that will have no feedback.

Should you purchase these heads in the near future, I would greatly appreciate your assessment of their overall quality.

Regards,

Lawrence Stone®

·
Super Moderator
161,037 Posts
If you knew how much work it is to do this yourself, you might be willing to call that a bargain. I'd way sooner pay that than to do it myself.

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
How much headlight effectiveness do you lose?

·
Super Moderator
161,037 Posts
You shouldn't lose any. The reflectors aren't done in black. Just the areas around the reflectors.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
ok heres my idea. i was going to paint my headlights black but decided to go with projectors instead. i personally like the look better than something stock. anyways, for my idea, how many would be interesting in this. i wll paint the headlights, mine ( black only since it will make the process faster and i wont have to be looking for specific colors) then ship them out to someone who wants to buy them. you send me your headlights, at your cost, after you install them. ill paint the ones that come in and the process starts all over again for someone else. but how much would be a fair cost to all of us. keep in mind shipping charges. im in 79905. this is just a thought in my head right now.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like a good idea but do you know what is involved in painting the heads? It is not easy.

Anyway, I ordered the Revotecs.

We shall see.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
I'm really curious of how resistant to condensation they are. I know the projectors are not off road friendly. That's the main reason I never bought them.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you are worried about condensation just put a bead of clear silicone around the casing.

I didn't get the Halos because of those Rice LED's. I considered just not hooking up the LED's and trying to black them out but the Halos are more of a street truck look anyway.

My truck is lifted and rolling on 37's

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm still waiting on M*RIO to call me on.. I gave him a set of lights & his avoiding me E-mails & PM's..
But Revotec Black Heads look nice...

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
tazstitan said:
I'm still waiting on M*RIO to call me on.. I gave him a set of lights & his avoiding me E-mails & PM's..
But Revotec Black Heads look nice...
He probably sold them on CT! :lol:

It's just too bad the law says the side marker lights need to be orange. They'd look so much cleaner clear..... :cheers:

·
Registered
795 Posts
gabriel c. said:
ok heres my idea. i was going to paint my headlights black but decided to go with projectors instead. i personally like the look better than something stock. anyways, for my idea, how many would be interesting in this. i wll paint the headlights, mine ( black only since it will make the process faster and i wont have to be looking for specific colors) then ship them out to someone who wants to buy them. you send me your headlights, at your cost, after you install them. ill paint the ones that come in and the process starts all over again for someone else. but how much would be a fair cost to all of us. keep in mind shipping charges. im in 79905. this is just a thought in my head right now.
I'm down for that. Whats your charge for labor?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Will these Revotec headlights also fit on an 08? I thought I read somewhere here that the headlights, although they look different on the 08s, are still the same dimensions and bolt on as the 07s.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
dragonhead08 said:
I'm down for that. Whats your charge for labor?

im not trying to get rich off of this project just trying to help others get the look they want at a reasonable price. just got the projectors in today and they look sweet. just waiting on some more stuff to get here to get started. as for mario over at ct word is his computer crashed and is unable to get online :crying:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
what if we get screwed and someone doesnt send in their headlights in. everyone wanting this wont be able to get their hands on some black ones no more.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
im in on that.. you need to find out what you want to do the process and im willing to do it..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts