Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 4 Infinity Reference speakers I pulled from my truck before I upgraded to a '15. The new truck has the Rockford Fosgate setup which I'm happy with.

My question, will the Infinity's make a difference if I swap them out?

I will be removing the door panels soon to do a mirror swap and figured I might as well switch the speakers while I've got them off.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Infinity > Fosgate , however age and wattage come into play.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Are the Infinity speakers 2 ohm? I know the Rockford Fosgate system is 2 ohm and not 4 like many others. I love my RF system. I did however have to replace my two from door speakers but went with OEM RF from the dealer. They were starting to rattle a bit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are 2ohm with some kind of 4ohm technology, however that works. I had them in my previous Titan for a few months and they worked and sounded great. That was without the Rockford Fosgate system. I pulled them back out when I upgraded to the newer truck.

Two of the speakers are only a few months old, the other two are probably a few to several years old. I'm planning to try the newer ones up front and the older ones in the rear and see how it works out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The RF speakers that come in the trucks are not the greatest, but the amp has equalization built in tuned for our trucks and those speakers. Replacement speakers may no sound good with the built in EQ curve, however they may. I suggest trying it and see. If you like it better.... That all that matters. If you don't just swap them back

·
Registered
418 Posts
Are the Infinity speakers 2 ohm? I know the Rockford Fosgate system is 2 ohm and not 4 like many others. I love my RF system. I did however have to replace my two from door speakers but went with OEM RF from the dealer. They were starting to rattle a bit.
I have a few speakers on my T, RF system that are rattling now. How much was it to replace through the dealer??

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a few speakers on my T, RF system that are rattling now. How much was it to replace through the dealer??
I apologize as I do not know the cost. My wife got them for Christmas but also got them at cost as her co-workers husband is a parts manager at my local Nissan dealer. For the front doors the part number is 28157 8S200.

·
Registered
418 Posts
ok thanks bud!

Reactions: CalcityRenegade
1 - 8 of 8 Posts