Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! First off i would like to say that i am new to this forum and i think you all are awesome! you guys have helped me considerably in many of my vehicle decisions! thanks for all the help!!!!

In March 2011 i purchased a 2008 KC LE 4x4 with 26,000 miles, this is my second titan, and the first titan with the stock RF system.

The issue i am having with the truck is with the RF system. The sub to me sounds blown, it has a vibration/ distortion physically coming from the sub box it self from under the driver seat on certain pitches. on some songs the sub sounds great and others sounds like crap. My settings are 5 treb, 3 mid, and 2 bass and i listen to mainly country, hip hop, and rock. I contacted 2 different local dealership today and they both claim they have never herd of any type of issue with the system and one of the dealerships claimed they couldnt even find a replacement part number for it. i am outside my factory 3 yr/ 36,000 by 1.5 months.

My questions are...
1.) has anyone had any issues with the Stock RF sub
2.) is this distortion common with this sub
3.) how can i fix this/ any advice

Thank you everyone for your input and advice!!!

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Hello everyone! First off i would like to say that i am new to this forum and i think you all are awesome! you guys have helped me considerably in many of my vehicle decisions! thanks for all the help!!!!

In March 2011 i purchased a 2008 KC LE 4x4 with 26,000 miles, this is my second titan, and the first titan with the stock RF system.

The issue i am having with the truck is with the RF system. The sub to me sounds blown, it has a vibration/ distortion physically coming from the sub box it self from under the driver seat on certain pitches. on some songs the sub sounds great and others sounds like crap. My settings are 5 treb, 3 mid, and 2 bass and i listen to mainly country, hip hop, and rock. I contacted 2 different local dealership today and they both claim they have never herd of any type of issue with the system and one of the dealerships claimed they couldnt even find a replacement part number for it. i am outside my factory 3 yr/ 36,000 by 1.5 months.

My questions are...
1.) has anyone had any issues with the Stock RF sub
2.) is this distortion common with this sub
3.) how can i fix this/ any advice

Thank you everyone for your input and advice!!!
I've never heard a blown sub but I listen to a lot of pop, dance stuff that's VERY bassy and mine sounds tight as a drum. I leave the mid at 0 but bass and treble are both all the way up...and still sounds great. Sounds like maybe it is blown....or possible the box shook itself loose under the seat? If so I'd just replace it. Maybe look for one on Ebay or possibly someone knows of an aftermarket unit that'll work. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill look on Ebay and see if they have anything there, its just so weird because i only here it on some songs but if i keep my volume at a level 10 i really dont here it :-/ but thank your for your response, its a start :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts