1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the part numbers with the search

Metra 70-7550 and 71-550
Scosche NN03B and NN03RB

What I ended up was apparantly a third option the Metra "Dash Works" BB-WHNI-1.

Can anyone tell me what else I might need? Why is there the need for a "Reverse" harness?

Pictures of Avic D series spliced into the harnesses would be great :dunno:

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
The reverse harness plugs into the back of the oem HU. It is used (in conjunction with NN03B which plugs into the factory harness) if you want to keep the oem HU and connect an LOC to the HU w/o hacking the oem wiring. Also it makes it much easier to make the connections because you can solder and heat shrink at your workbench and then just plug everything together behind the dash.

If you are using an aftermarket HU, then you don't need a reverse harness.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bestatchess said:
The reverse harness plugs into the back of the oem HU. It is used (in conjunction with NN03B which plugs into the factory harness) if you want to keep the oem HU and connect an LOC to the HU w/o hacking the oem wiring. Also it makes it much easier to make the connections because you can solder and heat shrink at your workbench and then just plug everything together behind the dash.

If you are using an aftermarket HU, then you don't need a reverse harness.

well thank you for the quick response. I have the XE bezel and the previously mentioned harness I suppose I am all set to install my D2..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TitanNgtiGuy said:
well thank you for the quick response. I have the XE bezel and the previously mentioned harness I suppose I am all set to install my D2..
so has a vss wire been located in the factory radio harness yet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts