Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll start it off, and name a suitable replacement/real upgrade to take its place:

1. Chrome period Just dont do it. It looks wimpy.

2. dual exhaust with 2 inch pipes ???? I see this all the time and it is virtually no improvement in flow! Get at least 2.25 if you are going to do it.

3. Leveling kits Real trucks don't squat when they pull trailers. Only valid when making up for a heavy bumper or sagging springs IMO. Buy a lift kit.

4. plastic bedliners Slide much? Don't look under it after you have it for a few years or you might see as many scrapes as if you didnt have it. Get a spray on liner that will keep your stuff in place and not provide a place for moisture to reside on the scuffed up paint that arises from the plastic ones.

5. ebay special cold air intakes....Power until your engine bay heats up because the heat shield is in no way creates a sealed area. Buy a name brand that keeps the heat out.

6. variable resistance power modules on ebay. Hah. go to radio shack and buy one if you are going to do this(NOT REALLY). Get a real programmer or have someone like UP Rev do it.

7. Ebay halo lights(cheap ones). Still waiting on some nice lights at an affordable price. Dont do it just to do it, unless you like rice.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
there is nothing wrong with leveling kits, I have mine so I can clear taller tires, and I have chrome on my truck it makes it look classy

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I second against the leveling kit hate... Sorry I guess I don't drive a real truck, because I can't afford a big fancy lift. *Leaves to go pour rice on my hood*:futwice:

·
Premium Member
77,852 Posts
Big fuking fins/spoilers!!!!

Take it off, Yeager, it's not a plane.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
1.) Body kits (rear bumpers) to be precise with two exhaust holes and only have one exhaust tip ha ha.

2.) Loud performance exhaust but car ain't going no were lol :teethmast.

3.) Fake ram airs. :ftard:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Daniel91 and Underagedtitan:

If you guys only took into account all the bad symptoms of leveling kits, then you would understand. I myself haven't bought a lift kit beyond the factory pro4x one, and I don't even like it because it basically did the same thing to the front suspension geometry as a leveling kit.

Its like buying a fart can for a civic vs a full on exhaust. If you dont do it right, its ricey, but hey that $35 muffler did make it louder like they wanted.

·
Premium Member
77,852 Posts
Vinyl stickers plastered on the glass of the make of the car in big print.

What, you can't remember what you drive?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big fuking fins/spoilers!!!!

Take it off, Yeager, it's not a plane.
No kidding!

1.) Body kits (rear bumpers) to be precise with two exhaust holes and only have one exhaust tip ha ha.

2.) Loud performance exhaust but car ain't going no were lol :teethmast.

3.) Fake ram airs. :ftard:
Definitely have to agree...definitely rice.

Vinyl stickers plastered on the glass of the make of the car in big print.

What, you can't remember what you drive?
They want ppl to know they know. :teeth:

·
Registered
17,713 Posts

If you guys only took into account all the bad symptoms of leveling kits, then you would understand. I myself haven't bought a lift kit beyond the factory pro4x one, and I don't even like it because it basically did the same thing to the front suspension geometry as a leveling kit.

Its like buying a fart can for a civic vs a full on exhaust. If you dont do it right, its ricey, but hey that $35 muffler did make it louder like they wanted.
I'm not a serious offroader, and tow every once and a while. Trust me if I had the money I'd have a full suspension lift... But again I don't have the money.

Anyways..... truck nuts, spoilers, roof scoops, fake air vents, fake hood scoops, gold or white rims, exhaust flamethrowers, body kits, the "dub" badges, intentionally misbadged cars and gawdy exhaust tips

·
Premium Member
77,852 Posts
I truck nuts,gold or white rims, exhaust flamethrowers, body kits, the "dub" badges, intentionally misbadged cars and gawdy exhaust tips

All agreed, except white wheels..unless you're talking about white wheels on a mismatched vehicle...like the typical ricer car. :lol:

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Yeah... I keep seeing this lime green civic, body kit, exhaust, all the fixin's. With flat white wheels.... haha

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not a serious offroader, and tow every once and a while. Trust me if I had the money I'd have a full suspension lift... But again I don't have the money.

Anyways..... truck nuts, spoilers, roof scoops, fake air vents, fake hood scoops, gold or white rims, exhaust flamethrowers, body kits, the "dub" badges, intentionally misbadged cars and gawdy exhaust tips
so see, the "Trust me if I had the money I'd have a full suspension lift" at least shows you know the leveling kit is ricey. We all probably have some rice. my rancho lift from factory is my rice....and my 22s, but it pulls a trailer much better(more controlled with less sidewall flex) so it turned out to be some darn good rice.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sorry man your from tyler texas, i think your perspective is skewed, lol. the only people i have met from there are ******* ricers, haha:ftard:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry man your from tyler texas, i think your perspective is skewed, lol. the only people i have met from there are ******* ricers, haha:ftard:
There are definitely a lot of ricers here...with chrome all over, 2 inch exhausts, and all the fake stuff. There are also a lot of ********, with mud tires, black steel wheels, lifted rear ends(stock front), glasspacks or no muffler at all. They usually dont have the rice, just crap. Like I said I have my rice too.

Though there are a lot of each of them here, I can almost guarantee that more people actually use their trucks here than 98% of the rest of the US, aside from say West Texas and parts of OK.

·
Registered
979 Posts

Whats the hatin on leveling kits? I have a 3" and rc uca's and it performs fine, in fact i did a pretty tough trail run with an xterra club yesterday and i was the only long wheel base titan performed beautifully as i expected it would. What's the bad symptoms of a leveling kit? Did you know a lift kit lifts the front end the same way a leveling kit does but with a bigger spacer and a diff drop bracket?

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
ok...where do we start. I'll just copy paste some from my explanation in another thread.

1. A leveling kit will extend your a-arms down and eliminate most of the down travel you have, making it a rough, noisy ride when it does fully extend over even speed bumps. Sure you might get longer shocks, but then you are probably extending your ball joints past where they need to stop.

2. A leveling kit, since it makes your a-arms drop more, your track width becomes narrower, making you more likely to roll in a hard turn or off-camber situations.

3. Since your a-arm is angled down more from a leveling kit, when you turn hard it naturally wants to fold under the truck in a turn more-so than if it the a-arm were more level. This in turn will lift the front of the truck more in a corner, make it narrower in the corner, and change your camber dramatically to handle like a POS chevy does in the corner. Not to mention, same effects in an off camber situation.

4. If you do not get an alignment, your caster, camber and toe get all out of whack. Even if you do get an alignment, the suspension is not cycling in the same place of its stroke as if you did not have the leveling kit. Since it is not in the same place, it just isnt going to handle the same in ANY situations.

5. This is why they make cradle kits. Sure they are ugly, but they let you retain more correct angles on your control arms than a cheap leveling kit.

Don't think I know anything about off-roading? Take a look at my jeep in the video in my sig and you will see it has been to hell and back, and is by no means a normal jeep. Suspensions are my thing. Built the front myself, and designed/built an unseen rear linkage setup in Senior design in Mechanical Engineering a few yrs ago, and will be for the T as well.

Dont take me wrong though. The rice of the leveling kit has obviously filled your stomach's craving for putting bigger tires under it and gaining clearance, it just clogged your intestines a little more than blueberries(a real suspension) would.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts