Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like a fairly soft ride. I travel on rough dirt roads fairly often and I like something that soaks up the bumps rather than bouncing around and getting loose. I also like a tire that balances well so that it does not produce vibration on the highway. Maximum traction is not really important but I do not want to suck in the snow or lose traction on wet grass.

Anyone got any advice? I have a set of Goodyear Fortura's right now in 255/65/18 and I am not very happy with them.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I know that the michelin ltx at2 tires are great for ride quality and for anyone who is not a hard core off roader. The only draw back is the high price. I like the nitto terras. The are a good all terrain that has a great ride quality. Discount tire has these pretty reasonably priced. Hope this helped

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have read that Michelin's ride hard compared to other brands. It supposed to be part of why they last so long. I think that was more for the Lattitude than the LTX style though.

Firestone has some good reviews online but after the Ford Explorer flap a few years ago I would be a little reluctant.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I replaced the crappy stock tires at 60k with general grabber HTS.., no real complaints......ive put about 25k on them and there holding up well. I love michelins but could not justify the price for a truck that mostly sits.....
Online reviews of the grabbers were generally good.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up going with a set of Michelin LTX AT2s. I found a used set for $250 that had a lot of tread left. The guy who sold them to me said they only had 10k miles on them and they look like it. They are 275/70/18s but they fit fine.

·
Registered
440 Posts
What tire pressure is everyone with Michelin LXT A2's? I am running 45 psi all around. I've had BF's, Cont's and the Michelins are the best thus far....

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I ran 50 psi in my ltx at2s and they rode great. I had them on the truck for over 50 k miles before I sold them and they still had good tread.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
32-35 psi is for P-Rated tires... If you're running LT Rated tires, they need to be 40-50 psi depending on the tire and size... Running LT Rated at 32-35 PSI can potentially lead to a sidewall blowout... There's a detailed explanation on DiscountTireDirect.com under the FAQ section. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts