Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Rigid Industries Nissan Titan Bumper mount (https://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46581) and the 20" E-Series Pro 20" LED light (https://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/120313). The instructions for the bracket just stated to cut away the dividers in the lower grill support, and the bracket would attach using bolts to the holes where the tabs were. That did not work. It only grabbed about 3/8" of the metal of the bumper, so it was very wobbly. So following the installation instructions will make the bracket very unsteady. It was only partially mounted to the metal, so it was wobbling on plastic.

Instead, I mounted the bracket to the lower core support bracket, and it is much more sturdy now. It does move the light bar back about 3" into the opening, but I noticed that this allows for the insert to the lower grill to remain. I had already cut the grill, but I bought a new one online for around $35, and it looks good. So the light is mounted solidly on the lower core support, and it is not very noticeable (until I turn it on). And to install, you can simply remove the lower grille insert, install the light, and then install the grille insert back. No cutting.

I also bought a light switch that matches the other lower switches in the dash to the left of the steering wheel. This is the switch I bought:
https://www.aironboard.com/online/push-switch-207-12v-nissan-oem-replacement-led-light-bar-green-amber.html

So, if you need a light bar on the new Titans, I recommend the Rigid light and bracket. Just do not follow their installation instructions.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,041 Posts
For 2007 here is what the service manual says about which fuse is used for high beams:

High Beam Operation/Flash-to-Pass Operation
With the lighting switch in 2ND position and placed in HIGH or PASS position, the BCM receives input requesting
the headlamp high beams to illuminate. This input is communicated to the IPDM E/R across the CAN communication
lines. The CPU of the combination meter controls the ON/OFF status of the HIGH BEAM indicator.
The CPU of the IPDM E/R controls the headlamp high relay coil. When energized, this relay directs power
 through 10A fuse (No. 34, located in the IPDM E/R)
 through IPDM E/R terminal 56
 to front combination lamp RH terminal 2, and
 through 10A fuse (No. 35, located in the IPDM E/R)
 through IPDM E/R terminal 55
 to front combination lamp LH terminal 2.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed a 20" light bar from amazon. Wired the constant power to the illumination+ from the fog light switch. need to get one of these cool factory style switches now tho

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sweet light bar and nice location. Is it possible show a pic on how you ran your wires? I plan to add a light bar in the same location in the future and add a relay panel for future devices. I'm trying to avoid running all that wire form the battery on the passenger side to the hole in the firewall on the driver side. Also, I'm kind of disappointed with Nissan the in cabin fuse box on the passenger side.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ran the wires to the battery and box on the passenger side, then along the firewall at the top to the driver's side, and through he firewall.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ran the wires to the battery and box on the passenger side, then along the firewall at the top to the driver's side, and through he firewall.
Can you please post pics? I plan on adding an auxiliary fuse box soon to run future devices like light bars and aux reverse lights. Every time I look in the engine bay for the best way to run the wires it gives me a headache due to the way Nissan engineers placed the battery on the passenger side and fuse panel next to the glove box. And running wires through the firewall looks to be very tight and cumbersome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great job! I'm still waiting for that same switch to come in for my light bar. What color was the wire you tapped into for the illumination? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you tell me or help me out on how to remove the lower grille insert? I know you pop out the sensor caps, then remove the push tabs across the top. Question is the bottom, I see it has inserts that have a nut type washer deal on the bottom. How do you get these back on snuggly? Also how did you mount the cross member?

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you tell me or help me out on how to remove the lower grille insert? I know you pop out the sensor caps, then remove the push tabs across the top. Question is the bottom, I see it has inserts that have a nut type washer deal on the bottom. How do you get these back on snuggly? Also how did you mount the cross member?

Thanks!
I did not use the little nuts on the bottom. They were not needed. The grill goes back and fits snugly without them. I mounted the light mount to the core support with the light then facing outwards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry but I guess I am ignorant. I don’t see the info or your original post. I’ve got it all wired and working with the rigid switch but would prefer to use the Air on Board switch I ordered. I’m unsure of how to wire that. Rigid harness has Red, Blue and Black. AOB Switch has Red, Black, Blue, Green. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts