Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will my TPMS work with aftermarket wheels.... i am looking at getting cragar soft 8's and definately want the TPMS to work, i hate warning lights on the dash...

thanks

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I believe the corrrect answer is A: Yes.............and thats my final answer! :coolsmile

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
It really depends on where the valve stem enters the rim. If it enters like the OEM rims, you should be fine. If it enters through the inside of the face, with a 90* elbow, you will have to strap it to the inside of the rim when you mount the tires.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the responses fellas... i'll be doing some more research on my own too....

im just constantly amazed at the wealth of knowledge available on this forum...

·
Registered
196 Posts
^^ like mantis said. depends on the location of the stem. At our dealership, some rims pick up, some are don't. if all else fails, black tape works the best :)

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok another issue.... if my stock off-road rims are 7.5 inches wide with 5.5 inch backspacing, and i get a 17X9 inch wheel with 5 inches of backspacing, then my new rims would be 1.5 inches wider, stick out 2 more inches than factory and be a half inch away from the inside on the inside of the rim... hope i said that right, sticking out 2 inches should look good right? kinda like wheel spacers done the right way...

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Unless you have a lift, you will be rubbing BAD....

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Oooh, that's gonna be a close one.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so youre telling me by changing to those 17x9's with 5 inches of BS i am going to rub with stock tires? that sucks, what about when i want to go with 315/70's is there no way they will fit?

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
They might rub. I'm not 100% positive. When I got my Mojave's with my 315/70R17's they rubbed bad. They are 17X8 w/ 4.5" BS. The stock tires might work, but I'm no expert.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yellomantis said:
They might rub. I'm not 100% positive. When I got my Mojave's with my 315/70R17's they rubbed bad. They are 17X8 w/ 4.5" BS. The stock tires might work, but I'm no expert.[/QUO

How bad did they rub? Pinch weld required rub? I'm looking to get new rims, 17x8's, to run my 315's on. I have a slight rub at full turn on the stock off-road rims as is w/ the PRG 4" lift.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Yeti77 said:
Yellomantis said:
They might rub. I'm not 100% positive. When I got my Mojave's with my 315/70R17's they rubbed bad. They are 17X8 w/ 4.5" BS. The stock tires might work, but I'm no expert.[/QUO

How bad did they rub? Pinch weld required rub? I'm looking to get new rims, 17x8's, to run my 315's on. I have a slight rub at full turn on the stock off-road rims as is w/ the PRG 4" lift.
All I had was a leveling kit. The 4.5" of BS combined with the larger rim caused the rubbing. The tires did NOT rub before I got the rims. I had them on my OEM OR wheels.

The rubbing was on the rearward portion of the fenderwell and at the "pinch weld".... The pinch weld mod would have not helped in my situation (by itself) If I didn't lift the truck, I would have had to do some body work to get them to fit. The portion of the fender that swoops under the truck needed to be trimmed and re-rolled to clear the tire.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts