Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
sorry for the loss, can you ask how much insurance will sell it for ? I would buy it for the right price.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
A sad day indeed.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
WTF I'm glad u 2 are ok!!!! That truck was supposed to have been with me. My boy called me today about 11am and said the shop was mine if I needed it. Dammit I shouldve tried to reach you guys.
i was just telling mike how had you been working on the T it wouldnt have happened!! lol oh well... we are alive.. just means time for you to work on the next!

I am sorry for you babe, and for your T. Me and mine will be pourin' a little on the ground for our fallen comrade. Glad you guys are alright, could've be been a lot worse. Still get yourselves checked out by a doctor just in case (if you haven't done it already). I know it sucks, but look on the bright side:

1. you're ok
2. material things can always be replaced
3. got a great story to tell people, along with the photos to back it up.
thanks! thats what i said.. its a truck.. she was my baby.. but she can be replaced.. i cant!

sorry for the loss, can you ask how much insurance will sell it for ? I would buy it for the right price.
i have no clue.. its only been 4 hours since the accident.. i called.. waiting for a return call... dont know much...

A sad day indeed.
very much so joey.. =(

·
Registered
784 Posts
i know.. the accident really wasnt that bad.. but i always have the.. "what if" thoughts.. like what if we were in a silverado.. or a ford suv... would the result have been the same? would we both been able to climb out on our own?

now im sure more wondering why the airbags didnt deploy.. ive been reading about it.. and i mean.. rolling the truck at 30mph.. they should have gone offf... now id prob be in more pain... but had i needed them?? idk..
there's not a lot of frontend damage, that might be the reason the airbags didnt deploy. sorry for your loss, but glad your ok.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
there's not a lot of frontend damage, that might be the reason the airbags didnt deploy. sorry for your loss, but glad your ok.
yeah my cousin told me.. three sensors have to be "open" for them to go off and in roll overs usually only one does.. the driver seatbelt...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Wow that looks like a interesting ride, glad you are ok. I was in a similar situation with my integra, its a experience you will never forget.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Wow that looks like a interesting ride, glad you are ok. I was in a similar situation with my integra, its a experience you will never forget.
honestly.. all i remember is hitting the dirt... then looking at the shattered glass infront of me.. i dont remember actually flipping at all... and i was in the passs seat.. and we flipped on the driver side... so i got more of a ride then mike... and it was such a calm time.. neither of us were panicing.. or anything... i did have to army crawl out the back window.. and that its self was strange! lol

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
so im pretty sure ill be getting a new titan... going in the next few days to see whats good and not good.. and what i have in it that i want... hopefully there is some good stuff on it! lol

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Glad you guys are okay. I think he needs to let you drive the Camaro since he was driving your baby. :)

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
honestly.. all i remember is hitting the dirt... then looking at the shattered glass infront of me.. i dont remember actually flipping at all... and i was in the passs seat.. and we flipped on the driver side... so i got more of a ride then mike... and it was such a calm time.. neither of us were panicing.. or anything... i did have to army crawl out the back window.. and that its self was strange! lol
When I rolled it was nothing but slow motion and a loud crack of glass lol, and then I remember being hands and knees on the roof somehow, I rolled in the air with it and landed on my hands and knees it was crazy. Good thing you guys didnt keep rolling down that hill

·
Registered
84 Posts
i know.. the accident really wasnt that bad.. but i always have the.. "what if" thoughts.. like what if we were in a silverado.. or a ford suv... would the result have been the same? would we both been able to climb out on our own?

now im sure more wondering why the airbags didnt deploy.. ive been reading about it.. and i mean.. rolling the truck at 30mph.. they should have gone offf... now id prob be in more pain... but had i needed them?? idk..
The airbags should not have went off in this case. The sensors for the front airbags are on the front of the vehicle and they have to have direct contact and usually two of them have to be hit before it'll deploy an airbag. Since you rolled the vehicle without front end collision they didn't deploy. If you had side airbags, well thats another story and I'm not sure how they work. I'm glad you guys are okay though.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
When I rolled it was nothing but slow motion and a loud crack of glass lol, and then I remember being hands and knees on the roof somehow, I rolled in the air with it and landed on my hands and knees it was crazy. Good thing you guys didnt keep rolling down that hill
yeah.. i wish i had remembered some of it.. the cop was like and what happened.. im like umm.. we hit the hill or mound of dirt.. and then i woke up upside down.. lol and had we kept going a bit.. we would have ended up on the pass side.. and i would have be SMASHED.. lol lucky my side never hit the ground.. when the tow truck fliped it over.. it almost looked brand new.. except for the roof being dented and the grass hanging out my window.

The airbags should not have went off in this case. The sensors for the front airbags are on the front of the vehicle and they have to have direct contact and usually two of them have to be hit before it'll deploy an airbag. Since you rolled the vehicle without front end collision they didn't deploy. If you had side airbags, well thats another story and I'm not sure how they work. I'm glad you guys are okay though.
yeah thats what my cousin told me.. and thanks.. im glad the titan did its job!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I would think you would have a very strong case if you filed a civil suit with nissan.

Good to hear that everyone was ok. How fast were yall going when it rolled, and how many times did it roll?

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I would think you would have a very strong case if you filed a civil suit with nissan.

Good to hear that everyone was ok. How fast were yall going when it rolled, and how many times did it roll?
yeah im good.. a little sore.. and we were going about 30... when we hit the mound.. and it only rolled on to the hood... never hit the pass side...

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
:huh: That can be repaired .

Not enough talent...........:rofl:
**** you......its something i couldnt control has nothing to do with talent...idoit.....i hope i see you some time ....so i can dump your dumb *** on your head...then you can tell me how much talent i have....no joke!!!!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
F**K!!!!! Damn I go to vegas for the weekend and I get back on and see that! Holy crap! Damn glad you guys made it out alright.. It never cease to amaze me how well these trucks hold up in a roll. Glad your not scared to jump back into a Titan.. lol maybe 4x4 shouldn't be an option this time. Maybe this next one will be a street queen... like mine lol j/k... I take it out in the dirt... but still prefer to be on the road.. Good luck with whatever happens.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Alright well I call dibs on the fog lights with the fog light stalk. I also call dibs on the front and rear gears if this had the big Tow 3.36 gears in it.... I also call dibs on the dash with tranny gauge... Did you have HID's? Dibs..... Bed Extender? Dibs... :)

21 - 40 of 120 Posts