Nissan Titan Forum banner

RIP TITAN =( pics included

15K views 119 replies 55 participants last post by  JDos1 
#1 · (Edited)
rolled the titan today.... mike and I are ok.. the truck is TOTALLEDDD =( just got home...happened at about 130.. ill tell ya the story later when im not so BLAH.....

im pretty sure i wont be keeping this one.. lol deff getting a new T... i misssss my baby already =(

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn! I'm glad you two are okay. What a bummer about the truck though.

Reactions: Alwaysbeingdumb
#3 ·
Dayum girl what the he77 happened? Glad you guys are okay. Wow you had plans for it and now...sorry for that.

#6 ·
yeah it was having problems.... 4x4 was the cause of the crash... it was shifting in and out of 4x4 on it own... and it ended up engauging and pulled the rear out next to an little hill thing.. and on the otherside it was a drop off... well hit it and it just rolled... i wasnt driving.... it was scaryyyy..... there was nothing we could have done....

#10 ·
the 4x4.. kept engauging.. and then going back to 2wd.. and it kept like pulling the car one way or another everytime it did it... its hard to explain.. esp cause i wasnt driving...

#16 ·
corral canyon =(

Damn! Just saw you guys yesterday. Glad you are okay! Look on the bright side thee are some great deals out there. Now you can get one already lifted with those big wheels and tires you were talking about.
i know.. and the tail lights are all f'ed up =( sooo sad

:huh: That can be repaired .
pleasee tell me youre kidding.. i dont want it back! like i read in another post... i just lost value of my truck even if they could fix it!!

wow tha sucks!! glad you are ok.. thats what really counts.. on the other side..WHATS for sale?>> before they total it! good luck on a new titan!! and like the other guys said >>.SUE!!!! nissan great parts at fault!!
thanks! im glad too.. and also thought it was odd the airbags didnt go off... i mean im glad.. we didnt need them!! but they should have!!!
i wouldn't be surprised if Dodge , Chevy and Ford bullied his Titan and all three flipped it over.....Glad everyone walk away.....
thank you! me too.. it was odd climbing out the back window while upside down!!!

Reactions: gweasel77
#13 ·
rolled the titan today.... mike and I are ok.. the truck is TOTALLEDDD =( just got home...happened at about 130.. ill tell ya the story later when im not so BLAH.....

im pretty sure i wont be keeping this one.. lol deff getting a new T... i misssss my baby already =(

the 4x4.. kept engauging.. and then going back to 2wd.. and it kept like pulling the car one way or another everytime it did it... its hard to explain.. esp cause i wasnt driving...
Not enough talent...........:rofl:

#38 ·

Not enough talent...........:rofl:
**** you......its something i couldnt control has nothing to do with talent...idoit.....i hope i see you some time ....so i can dump your dumb *** on your head...then you can tell me how much talent i have....no joke!!!!

#14 ·
wow tha sucks!! glad you are ok.. thats what really counts.. on the other side..WHATS for sale?>> before they total it! good luck on a new titan!! and like the other guys said >>.SUE!!!! nissan great parts at fault!!

#17 ·
Hate to see one like that, but love to see that it held up enough for you guys to walk away! That part is awesome! Good luck with the insurance and whatnot, and get you another and make it the way you like... it's like a blank canvas now, make your vision appear.

#18 ·
i know.. the accident really wasnt that bad.. but i always have the.. "what if" thoughts.. like what if we were in a silverado.. or a ford suv... would the result have been the same? would we both been able to climb out on our own?

now im sure more wondering why the airbags didnt deploy.. ive been reading about it.. and i mean.. rolling the truck at 30mph.. they should have gone offf... now id prob be in more pain... but had i needed them?? idk..

#19 ·
WTF I'm glad u 2 are ok!!!! That truck was supposed to have been with me. My boy called me today about 11am and said the shop was mine if I needed it. Dammit I shouldve tried to reach you guys.

#24 ·
i was just telling mike how had you been working on the T it wouldnt have happened!! lol oh well... we are alive.. just means time for you to work on the next!

I am sorry for you babe, and for your T. Me and mine will be pourin' a little on the ground for our fallen comrade. Glad you guys are alright, could've be been a lot worse. Still get yourselves checked out by a doctor just in case (if you haven't done it already). I know it sucks, but look on the bright side:

1. you're ok
2. material things can always be replaced
3. got a great story to tell people, along with the photos to back it up.
thanks! thats what i said.. its a truck.. she was my baby.. but she can be replaced.. i cant!

sorry for the loss, can you ask how much insurance will sell it for ? I would buy it for the right price.
i have no clue.. its only been 4 hours since the accident.. i called.. waiting for a return call... dont know much...

A sad day indeed.
very much so joey.. =(

#20 ·
I am sorry for you babe, and for your T. Me and mine will be pourin' a little on the ground for our fallen comrade. Glad you guys are alright, could've be been a lot worse. Still get yourselves checked out by a doctor just in case (if you haven't done it already). I know it sucks, but look on the bright side:

1. you're ok
2. material things can always be replaced
3. got a great story to tell people, along with the photos to back it up.

#21 ·
sorry for the loss, can you ask how much insurance will sell it for ? I would buy it for the right price.

#22 ·
A sad day indeed.

#28 ·
honestly.. all i remember is hitting the dirt... then looking at the shattered glass infront of me.. i dont remember actually flipping at all... and i was in the passs seat.. and we flipped on the driver side... so i got more of a ride then mike... and it was such a calm time.. neither of us were panicing.. or anything... i did have to army crawl out the back window.. and that its self was strange! lol

Reactions: gweasel77
#29 ·
so im pretty sure ill be getting a new titan... going in the next few days to see whats good and not good.. and what i have in it that i want... hopefully there is some good stuff on it! lol

#30 ·
Glad you guys are okay. I think he needs to let you drive the Camaro since he was driving your baby. :)

#35 ·
I would think you would have a very strong case if you filed a civil suit with nissan.

Good to hear that everyone was ok. How fast were yall going when it rolled, and how many times did it roll?

#36 ·
yeah im good.. a little sore.. and we were going about 30... when we hit the mound.. and it only rolled on to the hood... never hit the pass side...

#39 ·
F**K!!!!! Damn I go to vegas for the weekend and I get back on and see that! Holy crap! Damn glad you guys made it out alright.. It never cease to amaze me how well these trucks hold up in a roll. Glad your not scared to jump back into a Titan.. lol maybe 4x4 shouldn't be an option this time. Maybe this next one will be a street queen... like mine lol j/k... I take it out in the dirt... but still prefer to be on the road.. Good luck with whatever happens.

#43 ·
ohh yeah deff another titan.... i mean i looked last night at some tundras and silverados/sierras... i read online that the insurance usually pays about private party value ( read on yahoo on a few diff sites.. not sure how true it is) but if so.. im looking at about 18k... and with that im thinking about buying a used 2006 2wd cc... found quite a few for around 12k... even private party.... so then im going to take the 5k... do a big lift.. rims tires.. exhaust.. and intake.. and be done.. =) i loveddddd my truck but i DONT want her back.. right now i dont even wanna get in a car and after that yesterday.. i dont think id be able to even get back in the truck...

Alright well I call dibs on the fog lights with the fog light stalk. I also call dibs on the front and rear gears if this had the big Tow 3.36 gears in it.... I also call dibs on the dash with tranny gauge... Did you have HID's? Dibs..... Bed Extender? Dibs... :)
oh trust me... i have had multi people call the fogs... yes it had the big tow.. no bed extender or hids... but im not sure what im going to do... it all depends what the ins says.. i dont really wanna have to deal with parting it out.. plus im getting another titan so if i did.. i dont know what id take for myself... lol

Glad you're both ok! What a mess that is.

Regarding the air bag deployment. When airbags first started being used on auto's, yes, they used some type of sensor, in/around the front bumper area, that would detect it getting smashed in, and then activate the airbags. I know a guy who knocked the front axle completely out from under his Dodge work truck, but never touched the bumper, and the bags never went off. Since then, auto mfg's have been using software, which detects a rapid decelleration (ex. driving into a brick wall), based on feedback from the engine, transmission, etc. , and then activates the airbags.
yeah tell me about it... both of us are in major pain today and mike had to go to work... not sure he'll be staying long... nothing like being thrown around a truck at 30.. and then going to save people from the same thing the next day... noo thanks.. lol

Glad no one was hurt
thank you! the titan did its job... had a few cuts from taking my seatbelt off and hitting the shattered windshield after and my neck and chest are bothering me now but we are both alive and climbed out on our own... so high five titan!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.