·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what if anything is there to do about the CV boots tearing

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Have them rebuilt via a boot rebuild kit.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talking preventive measures

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
No maintenance required, when they rip they get replaced

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
^^^What he said.

There should be no reason for them to rip/tear prematurely. I do see you have a lift, but under normal conditions, you shouldn't have a problem. My 6" kit has been installed for going on 70,000 miles now and my boots are fine. The front diff gets lowered, so driveline angles are similar to stock.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I ordered a boot kit and replace it myself on my old T.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested in the information (where to get and how much). I'll dig it up for you if you need it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Get the rebuild kit. The stress of having a bracket lift with the sway-aways will put premature wear on your cv joints. the sway-aways (if cranked up) increase the angle and stress on the cv joint boots and will rip them sooner than if they were at the stock angle.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Just spent the afternoon getting mine redone. In talking to my local drive axle repair shop (who does the Nissan stealerships axle work), that the OEM boots are too short (small) when you lift the truck. I had all four replaced with oversized boots. I had just had one replaced at the stealership last month. Calling them on Monday to get my money back, especially since they knew my truck was lifted and failed to put aftermarket oversized boots on.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Just spent the afternoon getting mine redone. In talking to my local drive axle repair shop (who does the Nissan stealerships axle work), that the OEM boots are too short (small) when you lift the truck. I had all four replaced with oversized boots. I had just had one replaced at the stealership last month. Calling them on Monday to get my money back, especially since they knew my truck was lifted and failed to put aftermarket oversized boots on.
Thanks, Any chance you can get more info on the oversized boots? Brand and Part # would be great.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Thanks, Any chance you can get more info on the oversized boots? Brand and Part # would be great.
I'll give them a call and see if they have a part number and manufacturer. I'll be out of town this week but I should have you an answer by Friday at the latest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts