Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see on UpRev you can change the rpm idle, has anyone does this and if so what did you change it to and why? is there any benefit? i was thinking if you need more power from you alternator, any other reason why? thank you

·
Registered
266 Posts
You do not need to adjust your idle unless you have a Supercharger or Turbo installed. Only then will you need to raise your idle because it will require more fuel to stabilize your motor when it is not in motion. Stock idle should be roughly 650-700rpm. I have known a few members to raise it to nearly/above 800rpm because they are boosted. I do not see a benefit of doing this unless you want your Titan to consume more fuel.... It may help at the strip though so you don't have to brake torque.... LOL Don't do it.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Some raise it if they have an annoying vibration in drive at 550 RPM.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
What if you drop it below the stock idle (mine idles at around 550)?

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
WOT limiter removal, is that the rev limter option on UpRev? why would i want this? everyone seems to love it
Taking the WOT restriction allows you to have 100% of your trucks power at 0 mph instead of 40mph like normal. Without it removed, you only get a certain amount of power from 0-40. After that than you get all of it. WOT and rev limiter is totally different. Everyone loves getting rid of the WOT restriction because it makes the truck really get out of the hole hard and have more fun with it.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
yup, Wide Open Throttle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so i have AEM cai with secondary cats removed and no muffler(flowmaster Y installed). next week ill have jba headers, magnaflow cats with uprev, as you all know this isnt cheap so am i really gonna LOVE it next week?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
ok so i have AEM cai with secondary cats removed and no muffler(flowmaster Y installed). next week ill have jba headers, magnaflow cats with uprev, as you all know this isnt cheap so am i really gonna LOVE it next week?
Ohh yes you will!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok again thank you guys for your help, when they go to tune the truck ill tell them to turn WOT restriction off and set the speed limiter to 150 i guess, does changing the speed limiter affect the way the truck runs or anything? also when they go to tune it is there anything else you guys recommend that i tell them to do? sorry for my ignorance but im trying to learn lol and jpac i checked out your videos on youtube awesommmme truck!

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
ok again thank you guys for your help, when they go to tune the truck ill tell them to turn WOT restriction off and set the speed limiter to 150 i guess, does changing the speed limiter affect the way the truck runs or anything? also when they go to tune it is there anything else you guys recommend that i tell them to do? sorry for my ignorance but im trying to learn lol and jpac i checked out your videos on youtube awesommmme truck!
Thanks man. I love Megatron lol. Raising the speed limiter will not affect the truck in any way other than being able to go faster but try not to go that fast either way. Its just good to know you can if you wanted to lol. Tell them what kind of gas you want to use, whether you want a valet or anti theft tune which limits how fast your truck will go, whether you plan on taking it to the track or just street use etc. Look up Deerslayers thread on him just ordering Uprev. He has a pretty good list of tunes he is getting.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Taking the WOT restriction allows you to have 100% of your trucks power at 0 mph instead of 40mph like normal. Without it removed, you only get a certain amount of power from 0-40. After that than you get all of it. WOT and rev limiter is totally different. Everyone loves getting rid of the WOT restriction because it makes the truck really get out of the hole hard and have more fun with it.
i read on here the 4x2 restriction is 40mph, but the 4x4 is at 15mph. Not sure if its correct, but i thought i would throw that out there.

So your paying for a tune? I thought thats what the uprev tuner did, but it was user friendly so anybody could use it. Im still learning too, ignorance is not bliss by the way.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok thanks for the advice jpac and ill check out that thread. and anavrin351 the people installing the headers are an uprev dealer so im gonna purcase the osiris standard and have them go ahead and tune and dyno while its there

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
ok thanks for the advice jpac and ill check out that thread. and anavrin351 the people installing the headers are an uprev dealer so im gonna purcase the osiris standard and have them go ahead and tune and dyno while its there
That's the way to do it.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
i read on here the 4x2 restriction is 40mph, but the 4x4 is at 15mph. Not sure if its correct, but i thought i would throw that out there.

So your paying for a tune? I thought thats what the uprev tuner did, but it was user friendly so anybody could use it. Im still learning too, ignorance is not bliss by the way.
Your right about the WOT restrictions on both 4wd and 2wd. Search for UpRev and you will see all the cool stuff they can do. There are differnt versions of Osiris.
Your going to have way too much fun with your truck after all this is done!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts