Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
i saw one on the "four wheeler" magazine/ top truck sponsor titan at the primm 300 race. for the same reason i decided not to wait for it, it was very bulky and gaudy lookin. totally not worth the money, it would only look good with like 6 or more inches of lift. the owner, liked my ken mtn, much better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Holy Chit Batman.......2grand for a bumper grille?

I was thinking about having a friend of mine build me a ranch hand style bumper replacement. Now I know we would have a market for it. WOW

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
The ones in those pics are the Kennesaw Mtn. Bumpers.

The new Road Armor ones can be found here: Road Armor

at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The Road Armor is just awful in my opinion. It flows 0 with the truck.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
hey that road armor bumper is cool lookin w/ the piaa lights and winch. pretty sweet but prolly quite expensive especially w/ the winch.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
i bet the 1300 is w/o the winch

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I think it looks pretty good, but the Kennesaw Mtn one definately would protect the front of the truck more. There are alot of deer running wild here where I'm at and I think the Road Armor would actually be too high and if I did hit one, would cause more damage than if I had had the stock bumper on?

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
54warrior said:
I think it looks pretty good, but the Kennesaw Mtn one definately would protect the front of the truck more. There are alot of deer running wild here where I'm at and I think the Road Armor would actually be too high and if I did hit one, would cause more damage than if I had had the stock bumper on?
The reason the road armor bumper is so high is so it improves your angle of approach on the front end. The last time I checked, their bumpers are guaranteed for life against even user abuse. Their bumpers are indestructable. I can personally attest to that. I will be buying one in the future after the baby is born and settled.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
that bumper looks hideous on the tundra, but i like it on the FJ cruiser....

Back on topic...looks pretty good with the armada, sure it'll look just as good on the titan. Is that the bulletproof lift on that armada? That thing looks pretty wicked

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
i<3mytitan said:
that bumper looks hideous on the tundra, but i like it on the FJ cruiser....

Back on topic...looks pretty good with the armada, sure it'll look just as good on the titan. Is that the bulletproof lift on that armada? That thing looks pretty wicked
ya i think your right. its pretty high and mostly all bulletproofs use those blue fox coilovers. and ya i want that bumper so bad. hopefully cand find one cheap on ebay.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Pretty ugly if you ask me. Does not flow with the lines of the truck.
It reminds me of that weird Isuzu abortion of a few years ago. (I forgot the name because it deserved to be forgotten)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Timster13 said:
Pretty ugly if you ask me. Does not flow with the lines of the truck.
It reminds me of that weird Isuzu abortion of a few years ago. (I forgot the name because it deserved to be forgotten)
to each his own l0l

·
Registered
56 Posts
the side shot of that road aromor sort looks like it has a fat lip. or the truck is about to cry... my 2 year old daughter stick her bottom lip out like right before she crys :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all, just installed road armor front bumper. I think it looks great. I ordered it over 12 weeks ago. Ther was some slight problems with it. But that is to be expected considering Natally and jim and the rest of the guys I spoke with said I was the first one to have one on a titan. I told them I had to raise the mounting holes on the bumper side of the brackets and trim the core support at the frame horns to make the bumper sit proper level with the finders. Before I did that there was over a two inch gap between the bumper and the finders. I wasn't worried about it because it wasn't any structual cutting. They said they are going to remidy the problem, and thanked me for the help. I recommened to modify the bumper so the frame horns would not need to be cut, because most customers would not feel good about cutting up there new truck. In return for my problems they are throughing in a couple sets of piaas. I bought the bumper when they had a 25% off spechal on, It was less than a 1000.00 to the door.
I will post pics and mods soon.

pj

·
Registered
488 Posts
i like the look of the road armor but the price is what makes it ugly for that much i would weld up my own and have more pride hanging it on the truck

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ripped off the Road Armor Bumper on our Project Everyday Titan. It happened while I was winching my Dodge Ram up onto a flatbed trailer. The Ramsey 9500-lb winch was not even working hard when the whole bumper came off the truck:huh: . On closer inspection I discovered the Titan's frame end caps simply could not take the force of the winch, and promply let go at each of the four welds. Now each frame rail has a large opening. I think Road Armor should re-think how they attach the winch bumper to the Titan Frame.
I will post more pics next week. For now here is a photo of how the road Armor bumper attaches to the Titan Frame. Notice the bracket the guy is holding up to the frame rail on the passenger side. Four bolts hold this bracket to the flat plate at the end of each frame rail. The bumper didn't even get a scratch when it came off.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.