Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little pissed right now so hopefully I don't offend anybody but here goes.....

Driving down/ up interstate 77 today just minding my own business, plugging along at about 70 mph having a blast in my Titan, you know the usual nice driving experience we all have in our trucks, I'm not 5 miles from Charlotte and some a**clown motherfuc**r in a beat up white chevy piece of turd douc*bag vehicle cut's me off, thats ok I think to myself; no big deal, I let off the gas and give the POS some room, not 10 seconds later this MoFo kicks an enormous rock up and breaks my windshield, what an a**clown.... now I have a busted front windshield... I'm so pissed but what can you do ? Replacement window will be installed next week..........:bandit:

I'm just venting and not for nothing it feels good :):):):)

I love this website :sunshine:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry a$$ cement truck did the same thing to me when I was in the mustang. Luckily we were only doing about 35 so it just bounced off. I wanted to cut his throat:explode:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
well I drove my little 4banger toyota pickup to orlando the other day and had the same thing happen.. I just got it fixed $165 for it installed the next day....

I was so pissed because the insurence that weve been with for 20 plus years declined me because I didnt have FULL coverage BS! the only car I dont have full coverage on since it is a 1989 lol... and they screw me over...good luck with getting a new one...at least you can get it for under 200 if your insurence doesnt help

·
Registered
969 Posts
been there had that happen, never got the tshirt from safelite though.....

dealer will cover it right?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine's got a healthy crack running horizontally all the way across and another making it's way from the top down...just another fact of life in AK

I can't seem to bring myself to change it either since I know as soon as I do it'll just take another rock...I wish Alaska would require rear mud flaps as it would've saved my windshield 3x over

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry to hear bout that.. I had to replace mine about 6 months ago. Insurance company sent a guy to my home & did a DAMN good job.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did u get the license plate no. of the vehicle? This happened to me from a dump truck, pulled over called the po-pos and filed a report. Contacted my insurance gave them all the info, and I never paid a cent for my new windshield.

·
Super Moderator
161,677 Posts
I got two stone chips within the first 6 weeks of having this truck. They're still there. It sucks, yeah. But do you guys expect that there's some sort of liability for another driver here? If YOU ran over a rock that you didn't put on the road, and it bounces into another vehicle would YOU accept responsibility? Doubtful.

I've had two other windshields replaced on other vehicles without paying a dime out of pocket. No police report filed on either of them.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Windsheilds are going to get broken. Just get it fixed because there's nothing else you can do.

·
Premium Member
58,625 Posts
Carbeaux said:
I got two stone chips within the first 6 weeks of having this truck. They're still there.
Have you tried one of those windshield repair services? We have one at the local car wash and the guy does a great job.

It seems like windshields lasted much longer years ago. I don't remember my father ever having to replace windshields but it seems that between my wife's car and my truck I'm doing it every couple of years.

·
Registered
250 Posts
sorry to hear that man ive gotta a tiny chip right behind my rear view mirror from a damn garbage truck im just waiting for it to spread my insureance covers it though but still its a pain in the arse at least it is somewere were i dont have to look at it that much i would have sped up and ran that clown off the road

·
Registered
433 Posts
If a truck is hauling stone or dirt and it comes out and cracks your windshield you definately can claim it against the other vehicle because technically, they have failed to secure their load.

However, most of the time cracked windshields are due to following too closely (obviously not everytime, just saying most). The first example is someone cutting you off so that makes sense. Otherwise just leave a little more room in front of you, not always possible but it can help.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
CoeCEO said:
If a truck is hauling stone or dirt and it comes out and cracks your windshield you definately can claim it against the other vehicle because technically, they have failed to secure their load.

However, most of the time cracked windshields are due to following too closely (obviously not everytime, just saying most). The first example is someone cutting you off so that makes sense. Otherwise just leave a little more room in front of you, not always possible but it can help.
You can't technically secure a billion pebbles. Thats why that sign is on the back of most trucks that states stay 100 feet back.

If only it was as simple as leaving space between for me. As i said I am on my third windshield and none of it was from following too closely. Just shotty luck. :crying:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Been there.. I caught one from about 75 yards. Pretty good pass if i say so myself..... LMAO...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
lol i get free widnshields. My old ladies dad is high up at safelite autoglass. He will replace mine for me every couple of years even it it has no cracks just scratches. I always tell him not to worry about it. He is anal about having perfect glass. If i have a little scratch he's like that will impair your vision im replacing that. You not riding around with my daughter in an unsafe truck. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts