Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my rock sliders fab'd and welded on this weekend. If you're interested, the guy who made this is in Hesperia. Here's some info:

-Material: 1.75 inch tubing / 0.120 thick
-Cost: $250 out the door
-Turn Around Time: 2 weeks (originally planned for 1 week, but got backed up)
-Email: [email protected] (Chris)

He's a young guy who works out of his garage, but it's pretty good work. I didn't get mounting plates on mine, which in retrospect I should have done. They hold up well though...I tried jumping on them (I weight 235 lbs) and lifted up the T using a Hi Jack and they held up fine.

I did the 60* front 90* rear. He can clear traction bars for those of you who have them, he just needs measurements for those. He can also do the rear hoop for those who do more hardcore rock crawling. He also does custom roof racks and light bars. Attached are some pics of mine. Shruk had some done too, slightly different setup.

Shruk's (hope you don't mind man!):

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, he was supposed to put plates on but when I got there they weren't on. I was going to tell him to use plates, but said F it. Not sure why? I'm going to spray can them. Probably bedliner, though I've noticed that it's hard to clean mud/dirt off bedliner paint. Maybe I'll use Satin Black.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I like them, but would like to see more support out at the ends.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
they look good

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
You need more support at the frame if you actually intend on using these off road. Just welding the end of the tube to the frame is not enough support for the weight of the truck. Looks good from an aesthetic standpoint though.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hit 'em with Rustoleum primer and bedliner.

Attachments

Reactions: DRTYAZN

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
i personally wouldn't have the need for rock sliders cause i don't ever plan on rock crawling a long wheelbased vehicle in the near future, however... those came out nice. congrats.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys! Yeah, I don't plan on much rock crawling either which is why I didn't bother getting anything more heavy duty (than it already is). Work great as steps. And my stupid passengers don't complain about my truck being so high anymore...ha!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Okay, I finally got around to taking some pics of the final product. I did two coats of Rustoleum Auto Primer and two coats of Rustoleum Truck Bedliner. It took about 1.5 cans of each. I got some of those heavy white sheets of paper Costco uses to separate stacks of paper towels and toilet paper and taped them to the truck for overspray. (They're free, just stick them in your cart.) It was a little tough to get every inch of the tubes evenly and involved a lot of rolling around under the truck. I'm very pleased with the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice! Surprisingly the bedliner spray holds up well to foot traffic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts