Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my truck to the dealer today, complaining about the FM reception on my radio (RF package). They checked all of the antenna connections and said that was not the problem. The service manager said he called Nissan and that they have reports from others that the same thing is happening. Nissan as of now, has no solution to the problem. This really stinks because I always listen to the radio, I hardly ever use the CD player. Reception is fine, until you start moving.

:crying:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Reception

This seems to be fairly common. My dealer knows about it. He tested all of the Titans and found the reception to be poor. Hopefully they will come up with a cure.

TB

·
Registered
212 Posts
tbeecher said:
This seems to be fairly common. My dealer knows about it. He tested all of the Titans and found the reception to be poor. Hopefully they will come up with a cure.

TB
I test drove my 5th Titan today and I noticed the same thing with the RF as mentioned. Hope they come up with a fix before I'm ready to buy.

Nick

·
Registered
823 Posts
That's weird because I think the RF system has great reception, no fading in or out at all. Here's a tip for everyone though because I noticed this the other day when I had the carpet on the passenger side pulled back to dry out (Leaking sunroof drain). Under the dash on the passenger side there is an antenna connector that was just barely pushed together, also where the antenna cable goes through the firewall the grommet was not seated in the hole. If you gently pull back on the cable it will seat the grommet in the cut-out on the firewall. I had no reception problems before or after I seated the antenna connection so this may or may not help anyone. Definitely something worth checking out though. If nothing else to make sure the antenna cable grommet is seated in the firewall.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Skip Hess said:
My RF also has great reception, it does not sound near as good as when you use the CD player but the reception is great.
That's what I noticed at first Skip. I started learning the RF system and you can make seperate bass, treble, etc. adjustments to it when playing CD's that it will remember. So you'll have your radio the way you want it and the CD's too. Give it a try and let me know how it works.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rf

JetForeman said:
That's what I noticed at first Skip. I started learning the RF system and you can make seperate bass, treble, etc. adjustments to it when playing CD's that it will remember. So you'll have your radio the way you want it and the CD's too. Give it a try and let me know how it works.

Yeah, I checked that already. I thought that might be the problem, but it wasn't.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I made the dealer check all the connections when he was hooking up the auto-dimming headlight sensor that was not connected..

I live in an area with many hills that is known for poor reception. The Titan has the worst reception of my 4 cars. There are areas of my commute where I know I will lose the signal and the Titan loses it the earliest.

TonyB

·
Registered
823 Posts
After my experiences with loose connectors, grommets, etc. etc. and reading where others have run into the same thing, it makes me think these trucks were kind of thrown together for production deadlines. I'm not bitching about the overall quality, just the assembly work. Seems to have been rushed a bit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
JetForeman said:
That's weird because I think the RF system has great reception, no fading in or out at all. Here's a tip for everyone though because I noticed this the other day when I had the carpet on the passenger side pulled back to dry out (Leaking sunroof drain). Under the dash on the passenger side there is an antenna connector that was just barely pushed together, also where the antenna cable goes through the firewall the grommet was not seated in the hole. If you gently pull back on the cable it will seat the grommet in the cut-out on the firewall. I had no reception problems before or after I seated the antenna connection so this may or may not help anyone. Definitely something worth checking out though. If nothing else to make sure the antenna cable grommet is seated in the firewall.
Was the leaky sunroof a problem? Could you elaborate a little? Does is sound like a unique situation or endemic to all Titan LE Sunroofs?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
3,325 Posts
Reception

I feel you all!! I have had my Titan since Dec 16th and my reception is horrible and the sound is even worse.. The CD player does sound better but I still don't like the sound...I can't wait until some aftermarket dash panel comes out so I can put my own system in there...However in the mean time will put my own subwoofer in by by-passing the subwoofer under seat and running wires to crossover and then to amp for my sub.. This will help some for awhile until the instrument panel comes out..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sounds like an antenna problem to me. They need to check the connection on the back of the head unit.
I'm surprised to hear about the reception problems. I don't have the RF system. I have the nissan 6 disc system. the owners manual says the "radio system is equipped with state-of-the-art electronic circuits to enhance radio
reception". At first I said Yeah right!! but it gets better reception than any other automotive radio that I have ever owned.
I was a little disappointed that I didn't get the RF system but I think the one I have is much better than I thought it would be. The CD's do sound pretty good once I cranked up the Mid-range adjustment. Does anyone else have the system that I have and what do think about it?
:cheers: :cheers:

Robert

·
Registered
823 Posts
Warren said:
Was the leaky sunroof a problem? Could you elaborate a little? Does is sound like a unique situation or endemic to all Titan LE Sunroofs?
Warren, my leaky sunroof drain tube was the second one they had worked on. What I was told is Nissan used a drain tube that was too long so it ends up pinching closed where it's routed into the frame. They simply cut 3" off the length and all is well now. No big deal really, I'm not happy with a wet carpet but it's only water and dries easily.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
robertc said:
Sounds like an antenna problem to me. They need to check the connection on the back of the head unit.
I'm surprised to hear about the reception problems. I don't have the RF system. I have the nissan 6 disc system. the owners manual says the "radio system is equipped with state-of-the-art electronic circuits to enhance radio
reception". At first I said Yeah right!! but it gets better reception than any other automotive radio that I have ever owned.
I was a little disappointed that I didn't get the RF system but I think the one I have is much better than I thought it would be. The CD's do sound pretty good once I cranked up the Mid-range adjustment. Does anyone else have the system that I have and what do think about it?
:cheers: :cheers:

Robert
hey robertc i have the same radio as you in my titan crew and i think the radio sounds awsome but the radio reception is terribly. nissan should fix this. i think its an antenna problem. i hope theres a fix for this soon. reception= :crying:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts