Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new 2008 Titan SE with the upgraded Rockford Fosgate system. I am not impressed with the sound. Is there any adjustments on the factory amp/subwoofer? It sounds almost like it is in mono mode. The treble, bass and mids are adjusted correctly. I do not want to change this system out, can someone help?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
900King said:
I just purchased a new 2008 Titan SE with the upgraded Rockford Fosgate system. I am not impressed with the sound. Is there any adjustments on the factory amp/subwoofer? It sounds almost like it is in mono mode. The treble, bass and mids are adjusted correctly. I do not want to change this system out, can someone help?
HAHA welcome to the club!

Thats why so many people have upgraded, the RF just isn't very good, its a real letdown.

Back in 04 they had issues with the radios, since its new, I'd stop back at the dealership and ask them to listen to another truck on the lot. Then you will know if your radio is defective. Bring the same CD and listen to them in each truck.

P.S. the CD player is much better than the FM so it could be a little deceiving.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Problem is, only the amp is made by rockford, the sub is not, so don't expect much from it. I think someone said the sub is hecho in mexico.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am new to this site, but I can see where it can be useful to talk to other people who have had issues in the past and how to resolve them.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
Problem is, only the amp is made by rockford, the sub is not, so don't expect much from it. I think someone said the sub is hecho in mexico.
You mean the Rockford Foster sub? Yeah, I shyt you not. Even has a knock-off RF logo on the dust cap.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the bass is okay, it is the highs and midrange that is a disappointment. With a ten speaker system, it should rock!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Probably because the tweets are actually small paper cone speakers (not dome tweets.) The RF amp puts out very little power (don't recall the figures, but it's listed in a few threads.) The speakers are 2 ohm to further complicate upgrades. But, honestly, for a factory system it ain't half bad. Now I wouldn't option for it, but it came standard on my LE. Now it's taking up room in my garage.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I'm the same as you Sammy, I never would have added it if it wasnt included in the LE package. I wish I could have just opted for NO RADIO and saved the ridiculous money that they charge for the RF!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The main reason I got it, was to get the bluetooth handsfree and the steering wheel control knobs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Have to say I was a little let down, too with the RF, esp as a $2,150 option. My wife's '05 Quest SE has the Bose which is night and day difference. I don't remember what the Bose cost us in the Quest, but it's only a $1,000 option on the Altima for '08, (with Bluetooth and XM.)

Sucks for me. I wonder if the Bose speakers can be swapped for the RF/Clarion stuff that's in there now? I mean, her Quest really rocks and sounds great. 20 times better than the RF in my Titan.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just bought an 08' LE and I'm semi impressed with the RF system. The CD player definately sounds better than the radio or XM radio. I'm wondering if one could just replace the individual speakers to increase sound quality?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Leonidas said:
I just bought an 08' LE and I'm semi impressed with the RF system. The CD player definately sounds better than the radio or XM radio. I'm wondering if one could just replace the individual speakers to increase sound quality?
Yes you can. But you will need one of these:

http://shop.tech12volts.com/product.sc?categoryId=31&productId=89

or something similar to unleash the potential of the system to run aftermarket speakers.

Here's another good offer:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...oston-pro-60s.html?highlight=group+buy+on+Req

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
You may want to talk to tech12volts about some of this. He can send you in the right direction with upgrading. Many will tell you to replace the HU, but you can go either way. He can probably make the stock HU sound as good as it's gonna get. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
You may want to talk to tech12volts about some of this. He can send you in the right direction with upgrading. Many will tell you to replace the HU, but you can go either way. He can probably make the stock HU sound as good as it's gonna get. :thumbsup:
Perfect! Thanks again for the input :cheers:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Just remember to tell him Blackbeauty sent you... That should only raise his price 30-40%... :lol:

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Just remember to tell him Blackbeauty sent you... That should only raise his price 30-40%... :lol:
HAHA you are just hoping James has another raffle so you can win more free crap! :)

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
t22a80 said:
HAHA you are just hoping James has another raffle so you can win more free crap! :)
Oh yeah... like you're not! :lol:

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Oh yeah... like you're not! :lol:
I never win raffles! Of all the ones that James had I never won anything! :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts