Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey guys,

just thought i would share this for anyone using the LOC
with the Rockford Head Unit.

I still get to use my 10" sub under the seat and i have 2 12"s under the rear seat.

The sound is awesome and i have had nothing but compliments from my friends.

Here is a little diagram i made that may be useful for some of you out there.

Here is my write up as well:

To install a Line Out Converter in a RF HU:

Tools needed:

- Multi Meter
- Flathead Screw Driver
- Phillips Screw Driver
- Wire Cutters
- Ratchet Wrench and extension
- 12mm Socket
- 14mm socket
- Wire Crimping Tool
- Vampire Wire Clips (x 5)
- Wire Connectors (x4)
- Patience

Remove the faceplate surrounding the radio
- Pull gently on the corners towards the rear of the truck
- Remove the connectors on the bezel
- Remove 4 screws holding in the Radio
- Pull the radio towards the rear of the truck

12 V Amp on Source (Remote)

* I strongly suggest purchasing a multi meter for the steps involving anything power
related.... im not responsible for any damage to your truck with this write up... although it has worked flawlessly for me

There is a Violet wire that will send a 12V signal when the ignition is turned to the ACC
mode and cranked. This is the ideal switch for the Remote power for your amp. Use a vampire Clip and crimping tool to tap this signal.

12 V constant

This will be supplied directly by the battery.
Buy an Amp wiring kit with the gauge wire needed for your amp setup. The lower gauge the thicker and the better.

LOC wiring

The route I took was removing the rear door panels to see what color the wires that fed the rear speakers were. (if you have the wiring diag, the door removal is not needed)

Then to get to the wires cleanly do the following:

- Adjust the Seats all the way to the front of the truck on both sides
- Remove the Seat Belt Bolt on the driver side
- Remove the Vertical pillar
- You will see a white enclosure (i removed this)
- Access the wires for the speaker and use a vampire clip
- Get both the (-) and (+) and wire accordingly to the LOC using wire connectors and the crimping tool
LR (+) Sky Blue
LR ( - ) Black/Yellow stripe
RR (+) Orange/Blue stripe
RR ( - ) Red/Blue stripe

MODERATOR BESTATCHESS NOTE: SEE POST #21 FOR 2007:

I was able to use the following on my 07 LE with RF HU. Speaker wires were in the same plug/module (as pictured earlier in the thread) and then used the violet also as my amp turn on.

RR + Blue
RR – Black w/ White Stripe
LR + Brown
LR – Black w/Red Stripe
END OF NOTE.

- Repeat for the passenger side, * note there is a wire connector for the seatbelt warning or something, this does not need to be unplugged.

The next step with the LOC is to run RCA wires to the Amp.

Sub Wiring

This is dependant on the sub setup, amp configuration etc.
Please research the best setup for your needs.

This approach allowed me to keep the stock 10” sub and add the thump i was looking for.

Please let me know if there is anything i missed.

Good luck!

ian

Reactions: GreyS.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Looks like an excellent write-up.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
bestatchess said:
Looks good, but what color are the + & - wires for the rear door speakers?
** Diag and notes updated. **

·
Registered
723 Posts
blue/black with yellow stripe for the driver's side rear. Orange w/blue stripe and Red w/blue stripe for passenger rear.

RL+ Sky Blue
RL- Black/Yellow stripe
RR+ Orange/Blue stripe
RR- Red/Blue stripe

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks tholmes, the diag and notes have been updated.

-ian

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Now this should be a stickie! I will be using this in the future for sure! Thanks Cassio!

·
Registered
723 Posts
If anyone is shy about yanking the bezel and radio to get a 12v accessory line, I tapped into the cig lighter for the rear console. There are 4 screws to remove from the compartment that is your center console and then you have easy access. Plus, there is a little less distance to run the 12v wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
cassio said:
This approach allowed me to keep the stock 10” sub
A 10 inch stock sub??

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
or whatever it is 8" / 6" ive never looked at it.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
woot this is a great write up for me to test out as soon as I get my box and subs from Tech!!! TY im sure you have just saved me a lot of time :)

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
cassio said:
LOC wiring

The route I took was removing the rear door panels to see what color the wires that fed the rear speakers were. (if you have the wiring diag, the door removal is not needed)

Then to get to the wires cleanly do the following:

- Adjust the Seats all the way to the front of the truck on both sides
- Remove the Seat Belt Bolt on the driver side
- Remove the Vertical pillar
- You will see a white enclosure (i removed this)
- Access the wires for the speaker and use a vampire clip
- Get both the (-) and (+) and wire accordingly to the LOC using wire connectors and the crimping tool
LR (+) Sky Blue
LR ( - ) Black/Yellow stripe
RR (+) Orange/Blue stripe
RR ( - ) Red/Blue stripe
ian
Im hoping someone can help in this part of the install of keeping your RF HU.

I tried tapping into what I thought was the colors for both left and right rears from the head unit but they weren't on the same plug from the HU. Is that right?

There is a violet, sky blue, black yellow, red blue on the big main looking plug to the HU but no orange blue from what I saw.

I saw Black Yellow, Orange Blue, Red Blue, and violet on other plugs to the HU.. so im not positive which one of these I need to tap into. I only saw one sky blue cable and figured thats the only place I can tap in for that.

Im probably over thinking this too much. I just need to tap my LOC to get this to work....:crying: And I thought the Power cord connection was a pain.

Please enlighten me if you could!!!

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
faith+1 said:
I tried tapping into what I thought was the colors for both left and right rears from the head unit but they weren't on the same plug from the HU. Is that right?
It is correct that all of the speaker signals do not come from the same plug on the HU.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
bestatchess said:
It is correct that all of the speaker signals do not come from the same plug on the HU.
that helps me a bunch with the picture!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone added a LOC to a 2007 Nissan Titan w/ Rockford HU and noted the speaker wire colors on the factory harness. I just don’t think it’s the same as what is covered in the post. I see orange/blue and black/yellow in 2 of the harnesses. Cut the sky blue and still had sound, so something isnt quite right. Figure I'd ask before I dig into the door panels this weekend. Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
DracosIgnis said:
Anyone added a LOC to a 2007 Nissan Titan w/ Rockford HU and noted the speaker wire colors on the factory harness. I just don’t think it’s the same as what is covered in the post. I see orange/blue and black/yellow in 2 of the harnesses. Cut the sky blue and still had sound, so something isnt quite right. Figure I'd ask before I dig into the door panels this weekend. Thanks in advance.

Mike
I heard from ASU titan that the 07's wiring is different. He followed this tutorial then took it somewhere where they told him it was different.

If you dig in the door panel update the diagram if you would be so kind.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am looking at doing this this weekend but up until I read this I was going to tap into the sub under the seat now and probably end up having to remove it. thanks to you now I dont have to. I will be using 2 Infinity 10's because that is what I have readily available. So wish me luck for this weekend.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts