Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K I could not take that RF sub under my seat rattling the center console and the seat and really sounding like shiat. My wife has banned me from spending any time or money on the Titan untill after Christmas . So i had to do something quick and I had to use stuff already had.

So I had a single upfire Crew cab enclosure that was not cutout for a sub . I also found an old dual 2 ohm l5 8 inch sub that I have had for years . The sub has actually never been installed in a vehicle untill today. So its actually a brand new sub with lots of dust on it.

So i cut the box threw some leftover carpet i had on it. Threw the sub in the enclosure . Found the factory sub wires is the plastic channel running down the passenger side. Cut them and crimped 2 sets of speaker wires to them. ran them under the carpet to the back . Threw the enclosure in wired it up.

I sat in the front of truck and crossed my fingers and hoped I would get something that resembled bass instead of noise. I started the truck and listened to Crash Into Me from DMB. It sounded nice . Just enough kick and it was bass , not noise. I started to get excited. So I played some other music , rap, pop country. Pretty much anything. With rap the rear view mirrow would vibrate which i thougt was funny. The woofer moves like 1.5 inches which suprized with an l5 8. The factory amp actually kicked it pretty well. Its plenty of bass for most . And its bass , not rattle. Heres some pics.

ANy eight would work. I am actually going to try this with the factory sub in an enclosure in the back. Oh yes the factory sub.

Attachments

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Very nice! I am surprised the factory amp has enough power to move the sub much!!!

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vipzach said:
Very nice! I am surprised the factory amp has enough power to move the sub much!!!
As was i . It actually has great output 100 times better than factory one.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lets get rid of this to someone that needs sub . 50 bucks plus shipping . just like you see it

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Wow thats really cheap!!!

So your wife actually let you borrow one of her rap cd's? haha

·
Premium Member
76,498 Posts
dmb's crash used to rattle the **** out of my 79 regal with a 12 in the trunk.

i see it didn't take you long to notice the factory sub rattling... i have a cup of change in my center consule that i can hear rattle with the ex RF system. I have the next 4 days off.. time to finally install my prize!! (unless i get drug christmas shopping, UGH)

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doo Dah said:
Is this still available?

Yes its hard to believe that it still is.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok. A couple of questions. I am looking for a short term replacement to the factory sub and may want to amplify this 8 with something other than the factory amp at some point. Could I use the wiring to the factory sub as a speaker level input for another amp? Second, I have a Soundstream Rubicon 500.1 that I was running a couple of 10s on in my old Supercrew, will this amp overpower the sub/box you are offering? Last question is how do I pay you and what would shipping cost to 78254? I do have a PayPal account.
I have plans to use one of the new Alpine/RF/etc...converters to run amps and aftermarket speakers while keeping the factory radio at some point I just don't have time to do the install propery right now and this sounds like a good interim solution. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hey Tech I PM you

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Aw Tech... You had me all excited there for a minute... I thought you had a replacement box and sub for the factory RF unit under the seat...... Don't do this to me, man! :eek: Next thing you'll be posting that t22 actually has good ideas or some crap like that! Geez.......

·
Registered
419 Posts
Doo Dah said:
Ok. Could I use the wiring to the factory sub as a speaker level input for another amp?
I wired the factory sub wires into a LOC and then into my son's amp, just remember (white is +). There are two twisted pair, Brown (-) Brown/white (+) and another pair Black (-) White (+).

As far as the other questions I will let the experts give ya a hand....lol

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Aw Tech... You had me all excited there for a minute... I thought you had a replacement box and sub for the factory RF unit under the seat...... Don't do this to me, man! :eek: Next thing you'll be posting that t22 actually has good ideas or some crap like that! Geez.......
I am full of great ideas.... Just ask James... haha

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
You're full of something alright..... Line

1 - 15 of 15 Posts