Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a roll pan with the hitch in stock location. Stillen claims it looks ugly. (Thinking its true) Looking for advice please. Do i need a hidden hitch to make it look smooth?:)

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Solution: Custom made hitch? From a welding shop? Modify existing hitch?

Many trucks with a roll pan have a hidden hitch under the license plate I think. Check a site called stylinconcepts for some rollpan examples made for GM's/Ford etc. You can have your cake and eat it too, just cost a bit more. Let us know, this is interesting Mod to have.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Someone makes a hitch that come out of the license plate and the license plate is on a spring hinge. I don't know if there is one made for the titan or not but as the post above states your best bet would be to have a welding shop modify your exhisting hitch so it comes out where your plate is and put your plate a on spring hinge.
________
Oops Anal

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm thinking custom mod to the stock hitch as well. Check out precisiongrilles.com for the spring-loaded flip-up license plate bracket.

I helped a buddy put the stock Nissan receiver on his '04.....seems like it would only have to be shortened about 4" to hide behind a roll pan. Let me know how it turns out!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Chassis Tech In Mesa Az Has The Hitch That Is Hidden Behind The Roll Pan. The Reciever Is Behind The License Plate And You Have To Get A License Plate Flip Down Kit. The Hitch Is 129.99.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts