Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have ordered a soft (roll up) tonneau from Truxedo. It is scheduled to be installed tomorrow or Thursday. It is the low profile version, and looks really sharp. It installs by a clamp system that you can use either the utility track bed channels for clamping or standard clamps on all four corners. I looked into this, this past week and this particular cover will NOT hinder my sliding bed extender in any way. It comes with a lifetime warranty which includes the vinyl cover and it installs in less than 20 minutes. They claim that their cover is the strongest in the industry. They showed me two guys standing on it and it didn't tear whatsoever. It seems to work really well with the utility track bed system. If you're looking, I just thought I would let you all know. :)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
What did it cost and can it be color matched?

·
Registered
57 Posts
That is great news. I have been searching all the manufactuers for one of these that will work with the Utili-track with no luck...did not even think of Truxedo for some reason. Access, Extang, Retrax all said no dice at this time. Do you by chance know the part number of the one that is Utili-track friendly? I am going on a fishing road trip soon and want to have a cover for my gear. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rrumaner said:
What did it cost and can it be color matched?
It cost me $419.00 installed. I'm not sure about the color matching. However, it does come in 7 different colors. I ordered black. they do have a gray. Hope this helps you. :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ti-tan said:
That is great news. I have been searching all the manufactuers for one of these that will work with the Utili-track with no luck...did not even think of Truxedo for some reason. Access, Extang, Retrax all said no dice at this time. Do you by chance know the part number of the one that is Utili-track friendly? I am going on a fishing road trip soon and want to have a cover for my gear. Appreciate it.
It's very new! It just became available very recently. It is their low profile design. You can find it at www.truxedo.com. from there you can find the dealers in your area. My truck doesn't require the middle clamp. If your trucks bed is longer than 5.5' or you have a reg. cab, they are using a wax sealed self tapping screw in the center. There are diffrent part #'s for different beds. You can slide the whole extender from the taigate to the cab with no problem. They have 2 different clamping systems, one for Utitlty tracks and one for without. Be sure to specify if you have the Utility track. Both come with the same frame and vinyl cover assemblys, but have different clamps. Hope this helps. :)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Thanks Deep. The dealer closest to me is the one I have already talked to about carrying Titan products. Nice guys so hopefully they can set me up before I make my trip to Florida at the end of March.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Deepwater said:
It's very new! It just became available very recently. It is their low profile design. You can find it at www.truxedo.com. from there you can find the dealers in your area. My truck doesn't require the middle clamp. If your trucks bed is longer than 5.5' or you have a reg. cab, they are using a wax sealed self tapping screw in the center. There are diffrent part #'s for different beds. You can slide the whole extender from the taigate to the cab with no problem. They have 2 different clamping systems, one for Utitlty tracks and one for without. Be sure to specify if you have the Utility track. Both come with the same frame and vinyl cover assemblys, but have different clamps. Hope this helps. :)
Deepwater,
This appears to be a great product. Once it's installed on your Titan can you post some pictures. I'd be interested in seeing how it attaches to the bed with the Utili-trac system.

Do you know if the clamps for the Utili-trac friendly cover attach to the bed? Will they scratch the paint?

Thanx

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Well, the wife insists on a solid cover instead of a soft one so it looks like I get to spend more money.

Anyone know of a good place to get them if they are out there yet. I want one that has the spring-loaded type of system so that she can raise it if she needs to. It also has to lock.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sabre66 said:
Deepwater,
This appears to be a great product. Once it's installed on your Titan can you post some pictures. I'd be interested in seeing how it attaches to the bed with the Utili-trac system.

Do you know if the clamps for the Utili-trac friendly cover attach to the bed? Will they scratch the paint?

Thanx
SABER66... The clamps attach to the tracking of the utili trac. Or you can have the standard clamps installed on the 4 gaps outside of the utili tracs. 4 clamps is sufficient to hold in place. You can if you want have them install a self tapping screw in the middle, but that is for the longer beds, for support. :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
rrumaner said:
Well, the wife insists on a solid cover instead of a soft one so it looks like I get to spend more money.

Anyone know of a good place to get them if they are out there yet. I want one that has the spring-loaded type of system so that she can raise it if she needs to. It also has to lock.

Any ideas?
I have a fiberglass cover on my Ford. It looks sharp, but it's a real hassle to haul anything. The cover only goes up a certain height and you can't fit much in the box. It's difficult to take off and takes two people. Then where do you store it??? I wanted a soft cover this time that rolls up easy so I can haul more things and it's a lot cheaper and looks good! :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Deepwater said:
SABER66... The clamps attach to the tracking of the utili trac. Or you can have the standard clamps installed on the 4 gaps outside of the utili tracs. 4 clamps is sufficient to hold in place. You can if you want have them install a self tapping screw in the middle, but that is for the longer beds, for support. :)
So which one are you getting?

You mentioned that the Utili-trac bed extender will slide all the way up the tracks even with the cover installed, but is that with the cover that clamps to the tracks or in the 4 corners?

Sorry for the questions i just want to make sure i order the right one that will allow my Utili-trac stuff to work.

Thanx :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Sabre66 said:
So which one are you getting?

You mentioned that the Utili-trac bed extender will slide all the way up the tracks even with the cover installed, but is that with the cover that clamps to the tracks or in the 4 corners?

Sorry for the questions i just want to make sure i order the right one that will allow my Utili-trac stuff to work.

Thanx :)
I ordered the one that bolts to the utili-trac. Both clamps can be used but the Utili-Trac clamps are much stronger, They have a threaded shim that goes inside of the tracs, and then the bolted clamp threads in. You can open the bed extender onto the tailgate, flip it up and slide it all the way to the cab.it works real nice! Because the bed is short you dont need the middle support unless you want it. And thats where the wax self tapper comes into play. Also the standard clamps, clamp to the upper bed rails where the gaps outside of the tracs are. My cover came in late today, and I'm having it installed Thursday morn.. I will post pics. when I can. hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Deepwater said:
I ordered the one that bolts to the utili-trac. Both clamps can be used but the Utili-Trac clamps are much stronger, They have a threaded shim that goes inside of the tracs, and then the bolted clamp threads in. You can open the bed extender onto the tailgate, flip it up and slide it all the way to the cab.it works real nice! Because the bed is short you dont need the middle support unless you want it. And thats where the wax self tapper comes into play. Also the standard clamps, clamp to the upper bed rails where the gaps outside of the tracs are. My cover came in late today, and I'm having it installed Thursday morn.. I will post pics. when I can. hope this helps. :)

Thanx, i'm looking forward to pics. Also let me know if the cover keeps the elements out once it's on. I'm worried about water getting in thru the velcro sides during long trips in the rain/snow.

Thanx again :upsidedow

·
Registered
473 Posts
rrumaner said:

Any ideas?
WWW.4ARE.com

The LSII is available, I have looked at all of them and as soon as I have time I will bet going to get mine. It comes with power locks if you print out the coupon from the web site. Unlock the truck and it unlocks the cap!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Doghouse said:
WWW.4ARE.com

The LSII is available, I have looked at all of them and as soon as I have time I will bet going to get mine. It comes with power locks if you print out the coupon from the web site. Unlock the truck and it unlocks the cap!

My LSII cover just came in today! I have an appointment next Friday at 3 to have it installed. I can't wait to test out the keyless lock on the cover! Pics soon to come...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Awesome! I can't wait to see it. I've been debating leather or hard cover.

jaylaforte said:
My LSII cover just came in today! I have an appointment next Friday at 3 to have it installed. I can't wait to test out the keyless lock on the cover! Pics soon to come...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For Poeple With?? About The Cover

I went and pulled this up for the poeple that were asking me many?? that have been already answered in the many posts, they could not find them. Hope some of you don't mind. Thanks! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts