Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I always use the parking brake when leaving any vehicle so I wouldn’t know if mine had an issue.

Clint

Reactions: machell

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dealer has several new trucks on the lot they can't sell until that parking pawl is replaced so they placed them on the back lot. They said one truck was sold but he couldn't leave the lot with it. I'd ask for my old truck back and any money I paid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We just got a 2021 w/5k miles on it about 2 weeks ago that supposedly had a fix for it. I was skeptical (turns out I was right) of the fix because my understanding is Nissan has not announced a solution yet.

In the middle of our 3k mile trek out west, get a call from the dealer to bring it back in for the recall.......even after they tried their witchcraft on it. Said would give us a loaner. And set the brake when parking it (always do anyway) until we get a chance to take it back.

Not sure I want to give it to them if it is just going to sit. Not sure they have a solution in hand yet. And yes, they said they had 2022s they couldn't sell because of this. They were back and forth on whether they would sell ours 2021.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that Kenedy!
Didn't realize a solution was released. Didn't want to take it back to dealer and have it sit waiting on a part. It can sit in my driveway (with the brake on) if the fix wasn't ready.
Funny..just checking the posts,and here on our local radio station..pretty big recall for nissan!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Interesting... Ford had THREE PLUS YEARS of all big sedans with column-shift automatic transmissions that had to be recalled, and it took them being threatened with class action to do it. But this was back in 1972. Everything from 1968-1973 had to be recalled.

We had a '69 Ranchero on the lot that was having cooling system work done (yet another Harrison radiator that had failed), and the flush part of the procedure was done. Our head mechanic, who was known for not being fast at all from point A to point B in the shop ("Rapid Roy", when he wasn't around), was working on it. Car was on fast-idle, and he dropped the hood. It jumped into Reverse, and started to take off at a pretty good clip. We had a slope from our driveway into a major street, and the Ranchero was starting to head that way. Never saw the guy move so fast; he Tarzan-swung around the open door and jammed his foot on the brake pedal just in time. He pulled into one of the service bays and nobody dared laugh at him...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting... Ford had THREE PLUS YEARS of all big sedans with column-shift automatic transmissions that had to be recalled, and it took them being threatened with class action to do it. But this was back in 1972. Everything from 1968-1973 had to be recalled.

We had a '69 Ranchero on the lot that was having cooling system work done (yet another Harrison radiator that had failed), and the flush part of the procedure was done. Our head mechanic, who was known for not being fast at all from point A to point B in the shop ("Rapid Roy", when he wasn't around), was working on it. Car was on fast-idle, and he dropped the hood. It jumped into Reverse, and started to take off at a pretty good clip. We had a slope from our driveway into a major street, and the Ranchero was starting to head that way. Never saw the guy move so fast; he Tarzan-swung around the open door and jammed his foot on the brake pedal just in time. He pulled into one of the service bays and nobody dared laugh at him...
That's priceless..thanks for the story, I've seen a few similar youtube videos..

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
That's priceless..thanks for the story, I've seen a few similar youtube videos..
That prodded my memory:
When he got the car stopped, the boss said, "[email protected], I've never seen him move so fast!"

I turned to the boss: My Granpa used to have a saying: He's got two speeds. One's slow, and the other's so [email protected] slow he never uses it!"

·
Registered
86 Posts
Took my '21 in for an oil change last week and talked with the service advisor about this.

I have nothing to back this up, other than his words, so might as well chalk it up as gossip at this point.

But what I was told was that the published "fix" (replacement pin) turned out to not actually be a fix and that they are still waiting for Nissan to come up with a solution.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Took my '21 in for an oil change last week and talked with the service advisor about this.

I have nothing to back this up, other than his words, so might as well chalk it up as gossip at this point.

But what I was told was that the published "fix" (replacement pin) turned out to not actually be a fix and that they are still waiting for Nissan to come up with a solution.
Not sure if it’s a fact but I read today that there is a stop sale order on the new Z’s as well.

Clint

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well......that is interesting but not too far off from what I was told.
So they fixed it before we took possession. They said it had to be fixed before they could certify it (certified pre-owned.)
Then, while on vacation, got a call to bring it back saying Nissan says that really didn't fix the issue.

Haven't taken it back yet but from what it sounds like, it may sit waiting on a fix if I take it in. Oh well, supposed to be given a loaner.

I saw a YouTube where Titans, Frontiers, and Z's all had stop sell orders. But aren't Z's a CVT?

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Well......that is interesting but not too far off from what I was told.
So they fixed it before we took possession. They said it had to be fixed before they could certify it (certified pre-owned.)
Then, while on vacation, got a call to bring it back saying Nissan says that really didn't fix the issue.

Haven't taken it back yet but from what it sounds like, it may sit waiting on a fix if I take it in. Oh well, supposed to be given a loaner.

I saw a YouTube where Titans, Frontiers, and Z's all had stop sell orders. But aren't Z's a CVT?
No, the new Z is a nine speed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I now have 2 transmission recalls on my 2020 PR. When I went in to check on the one from June 24, 2022, NHTSA Recall Number 22V457, my service advisor told me that that there was another one that came out on September 7, 2022. The second one is NHTSA Recall Number 22V-671

1 - 20 of 27 Posts