Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess "laid over" would be a better term! Coming home from dropping the kids off to their biological sperm donor, winds at 35 knots, up to 9" if snow/sleet/ice expected. Hit a patch of slush in the left lane that no one had been on in a while, and the azz end came out. Spun around 270 degrees, hit two ditches, the second one was deep enough to catch the tires and send us over. It was a nice easy rollover, seatbelts hugged us tight, thank god the kids weren't in the truck. Unassed out the topside drivers door (that beeyotch is heavy BTW!!)

Only one person stopped, she saw the whole thing, ironically she saw us in our uniforms as we went spinning by. Her name was Lily, and she stayed with us and even gave us a ride 20 miles up the road where some friends picked us up, so where ever you are Lily, THANK YOU!! MO State Trooper was gracious enough not to ticket me, the wrecker sprung a hydraulic leak as soon as he hooked up, so we had to wait for a backup to come.

When we got her back on her feet I surveyed the damage, (sorry no pics yet) surprisingly, no windows broken, no cab damage, only the front quarter panel at the wheel well, the rear quarter behind the rear wheel and the rear bumper pushed in. Of course the brand new Magnaflow s/s tip I just got welded on 2 weeks ago was full of mud and pointing towards the front of the truck!

I'm no expert, but it didn't look like a "total." That fully boxed frame held up like a champ! Anyways, the wife and I are both safe, not even any soreness or bruises, so thank god again for small favors!

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
Yeah, good thing you guys are okay. Looks like a hell of a roller coaster ride. I hope is works out. Were you able to start it up after it was righted?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
oooh, glad you guys are ok. i dunno about bruises or anything, but i bet you're gonna be a little sore tomorrow!

we need a wrecked cars/titans thread and their stories! mods??

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Wow, glad everyone is okay. Do you have an idea of how fast you were going?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Wow, glad u guys are okay and no other vehicles involved. Even better the kids weren't with you. That suck about ur truck tho, hopefully no serious damage. Winter roads are the worst, cuz u never know what is under that crap in the passing lane. Maybe next time chuck it in 4x4 before you pull into it.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Glad youre fine. :) I would like to see the aftermath of what the steel looks like after the truck sat on it.

·
Super Moderator
93,843 Posts
You are lucky, the Titan saved the day :D

Reactions: J.Bahde

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok!

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
wheres the pictures? Awesome you didnt even break a window.. I bet it was a fun ride huh!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
You must be living right to get outta that so easily!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Good to know you weren't hurt.
Same thing happened to me over christmas, but it was my jeep not the titan. I was surprised how little damage their was until i went to fixing it. Now i'm finding a bent a-pillar, b-pillar and the whole cowl is pushed in and i cant get the doors to line up. It is surprising how little force it takes to bend sh&t up.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Glad you're okay!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
did something very similar in my old Z71. Was five of us in it at an old lake bed. We had both speed and plenty of dumb that night to save us. Glad you are ok. Truck will cost a penny, but hope they don't total it unless you have GAP.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts