Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i cant tell you how much this sucks but i traded in the Titan today.

I love the truck but kind of lost interest in the last few months. I feel like therewasnt anything new to look forward in the Titan until a new bodystyle comes out. I have been looking into the new Dodge Ram bodystyle and fell in love with the possibilities. I also needed a crew cab and the Dodge seemed to have the biggest one

I got a Dodge RAM crew cab Hemi sport edition. believe it or not it gets pretty good mpg considering whats under the hood. I hit 17 mpg city driving on the way home. Its a sport with the color matched bumpers, duel exhaust, side bed ram boxes, utili track style hardware in the bed, black leather seats with a full center console with shifter, power sliding rear window, and a bunch of other electronic goodies.

A switch back to a Titan will happen for sure if Nissan gets their act together with a new model.

***Thanks to the TitanTalk community for all your help over the past year and a half. With your help i gained enough confidence to put on my own lift, take apart door panels to put in BTM's, Mod my headlights, and do about a dozen or so other things...i can only hope i have helped some of you in the same way

This is RP signing off and saying thank you

some pics of the bitter sweet trade in:(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Congratz man it looks good, but your T looked way better... Im sure ones you start modding the ram would look nice too

Reactions: RollinPresidential

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Are you going to get a sticker that says "Yeah, it's got a Hemi.......and was beaten by a Titan" :D Good luck with your new truck.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. I agree the T looks better looking at the two together but I understand wanting a change. post some pics of the dodge when your start modding it. looks a little like my friends.....
chris's dodge.jpg

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah it was sad to see my fully modded Titan go for a stock truck. If you new how nice the new bodystyle Rams drove and how comfortable the interioir is you would know why i made the choice to switch.

I did all the mods to my Titan in about a year and this Ram will be no different. Just havent decided if its going up or down. I live in the city now with sh!tty roads so either will be a rough ride.

I will keep checking in from time to time and will posts pics once i start modding it....i have some big plans for this one

·
Registered
339 Posts
Good luck with the (Mexican) RAM. I had one for 9 years and had nothing but trouble with it. I hope they have improved the quality since I had my 96'. Post some pics once you start modding it.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Good Luck man i like your new ride !

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Oh so.. because you sold the T we are all just chop liver??? F you too then! Lmao jk.. I can't believe you sold your T for a ram.. that's what we call an epic fail... but hope you enjoy it! =)

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Titans ride good until there lifted and big azz tires put on them :) I like the Ram, sharp truck. I also like the 2011 Cheby 1500 Z71 4dr shortbed. That is a sharp truck. But since I am not one that has to have the latest greatest most rated HP vehicle out there I have anoth 100K miles to put on my trucks before they leave my driveway. Good luck with Dodge, let us when the rattles start.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Good luck with the new truck man. With that being said, a buddy of mine just bought a brand new Ram and that truck has been in the shop more than it has on the road. I hope you have better luck with yours. I just bought a brand new 2011 Titan and this truck runs SMOOTH!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
You've lost All your swag! Haha it's cool man enjoy it! maybe now we can end all the non sense crap talking about what's faster. When you get some mods let us know when you're ready!!!!;)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Your T was my motivation to put on a 6'' suspension on top of my body lift. :( Sad to see it go... the Titan looks beastly next to the RAM I must say haha. I like the new RAMs though, sharp lookin' truck, good luck to it and happy modding!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
:crying: Dont leave us. We like haveng around.

I must say I REALLY like the sid boxes on the new rams. Good luchk and have fun modding.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
good luck with your new truck!

With that being said, i cant stand the way the new rams look unless its a RCSB with the sport package..

Check out performancetrucks.net... theres a guy on there building one and trying to make it run 10's... its on a 2/4 drop i think and it looks awesome.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the love.....and the hate :teeth:

I figured it would be a controversial switch but i love all the stuff this truck has to offer. I work for in the auto repair industry and the trucks still under warranty so anything that goes wrong will be fixed quick and inexpensive if not free. With that being said, i have never owned a dodge and rarely see them in my shop....i figured i would give "new" Dodge a shot since all of the auto makers have stepped their game up to bid for our new business, we will see what happens.

I cant stand driving a stock truck though. Yesterday i bought the 2/4 drop, put on 5% tint all the way around, and magnaflow exhaust. next will be the charger style hood and some wheels. Im thinking the SRT10 style wheels in a 22" would look nice with the lowered stance. I will post pics when its together.

Truuuuust me, i have big plans for this one.

One thing that is dissapointing is the lack of good forums to get info and bounce around ideas like this one, i found a few but theres a serious lack of everything on them, i might be rollin solo on this build.

·
Registered
678 Posts
If they would make a smaller grill I would like the Rams a lot more. I just can't get over that huge grill :(

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
sounds like youre already stepping in a direction that i like :teethmast

You might change my mind on only liking the RCSB if you make that truck have a killer stance on a nice set of wheels.

My suggestion, stay away from the cookie cutter wheels that everyone runs (Rockstars, Monsters, Slides etc..) No offense to anyone who has them. With any luck youll be able to put a set of 22's on it and keep a nice beefy tire around them so you dont lose much ride quality. Im running 305/45R22's on my truck...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
It's not a "Dodge" anymore, it's now known as "RAM" :D Just sayin'.....

That is one sharp looking truck! Next on my list: 2012 RAM Power Wagon....:eyebrow:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
It'll look good bro! Nice choice.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts