Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed I have a small spot of rust at the very front of the roof, starting from just under the windshield gasket, I can see some very faint bubbling starting although not noticable until your six inches away. Has anybody else had this. My guess is that when I had my windshield replaced about two years ago, the idiots must of taken some paint off under the gasket and didn't touch it up. Either way it will probally spread and eventually have to be fixed, If it does Safelight will be footing the bill.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Hmmmm.......i would think you might have trouble proving that. I know when i had my windshield replaced (3 times now), the guy would always make me ok everything before he left. They might work with you though if you be nice and mention Titantalk forums if they dont cooperate. HEHEHEHE

·
Registered
969 Posts
The warranty is rust through.. so you must actually have a hole in your roof before nissan even looks at it.

I would bet you its the paint. I had something similar happen to me so i spot clearcoated it and sealed it in time. Any chip or scratch or acid poo will cause paint cracking, bubbling and eventually rust......

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
gyrate said:
The warranty is rust through.. so you must actually have a hole in your roof before nissan even looks at it.

I would bet you its the paint. I had something similar happen to me so i spot clearcoated it and sealed it in time. Any chip or scratch or acid poo will cause paint cracking, bubbling and eventually rust......
Luckily, that's not necessary. I had slight surface rust on the inside of my bedside storage door and Nissan is having it repaired. Nissan won't wait for it to actually rust through before fixing it under the warranty. That would'nt make sense. Fix it today while it's a small problem rather than tomorrow when it's a large one. If your dealer refused to fix surface rust, I believe it's your dealer...not Nissan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts