Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across these on ebay.

ROTA WHEELS GRID OFFROAD 20X8.5 6X139.7+15 RYL HYPBLACK - eBay (item 300513592684 end time Feb-08-11 16:11:34 PST)

Anybody know is they will fit my 2011 pro4x? the spec on them look close to stock but the compatibility wizard they provide says they wont. Here are the specs;

Model: ROTA GRID OFFROAD

Size: 20X8.5

Bolt pattern: 6X139.7

Offset: +15

Hub bore:110

Color: HYPER BLACK

Condition: NEW in factory boxes

4 Caps included.

Weight: 28lbs

Maybe the hub bore is wrong, not sure, or the back spacing is too much. Anybody know what the max back spacing is for my app?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Man those are nice, I like them.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
5.34" backspacing instead of the stock's 5.5" backspacing. Half an inch wider so you will need to trim at the pinch weld sooner than with stock. Not too bad though. Probably not rubbing with stockish 33's.

Only two things I can think of are that would make them incompatible would be are: maybe the spokes rub on the brakes, which they don't really look like they would; and the other is maybe they are a hub centric design, so made for the flat lug nuts. With a bore larger than ours, like the 110 mm of the Rota, the rim should be designed to take the acorn shaped lug nuts, as they will be needed to center the wheel.

Probably good to ask the seller, and/or Rota: Contact Us - ROTA Wheels

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
That's really high! I didn't even notice that. After seeing that spec, they definitely won't fit my Titan. Lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5.34" backspacing instead of the stock's 5.5" backspacing. Half an inch wider so you will need to trim at the pinch weld sooner than with stock. Not too bad though. Probably not rubbing with stockish 33's.

Only two things I can think of are that would make them incompatible would be are: maybe the spokes rub on the brakes, which they don't really look like they would; and the other is maybe they are a hub centric design, so made for the flat lug nuts. With a bore larger than ours, like the 110 mm of the Rota, the rim should be designed to take the acorn shaped lug nuts, as they will be needed to center the wheel.

Probably good to ask the seller, and/or Rota: Contact Us - ROTA Wheels
Contacted the seller on ebay and they said that the compatibility wizard did not work and that they would fit my titan. they also said the back spacing was 5.37". the question now is tire size, should I go with the stockish 275/60R20 or bump it up slightly to the 285/60R20 since they are 8.5" rims.
Thanks for your input NorCal....much appreciated.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a quick photo shopped pic of what they will look like.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Contacted the seller on ebay and they said that the compatibility wizard did not work and that they would fit my titan. they also said the back spacing was 5.37". the question now is tire size, should I go with the stockish 275/60R20 or bump it up slightly to the 285/60R20 since they are 8.5" rims.
Thanks for your input NorCal....much appreciated.
Without a leveling kit I think you'd get some mudguard or fender liner rubbing with the 285/60R20. They are 33.5" diameter so it would be close, since the rims stick out an extra 0.6" more than stock. Some of the LT305/55R20's might work, like the Nitto Terra Grappler which is 33.07" diameter.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Rotas are pretty cheaply made... had a couple sets of them on my civics back in the day. I never cracked any, but I didn't race with them, I used volks for track days and racing. I have had friends break them however.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Rotas are pretty cheaply made... had a couple sets of them on my civics back in the day. I never cracked any, but I didn't race with them, I used volks for track days and racing. I have had friends break them however.
I've spent weeks doing research on these Rota wheels and came to the conclusion that there is really nothing to worry about as far as quality. There are a crazy number of drift cars using these wheels all over the world without any higher incidence of failure than normal. Cast wheel technology has been around for many years and will be with us for many more. I've read stories of breakage from every manufacturer out there including Volk.

Its all good though because this truck will never see the track, and the only offroading it will be doing will be done in the ski area parking lot ( I-five-four wheel drive)

I did look at the Volks while shopping for new wheels. The Volk equivenant of this wheel, the TE37 were so expensive that I could'nt consider getting them.
the ones I wanted were $1640.................EACH! :huh:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, here they are....finally. what do you guys think? I'm very happy with the look.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
They are growing on me already. Nice truck.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Nice!!:rockon

L

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks good! What size tire did you end up going with?
I
I went with the 275/60R20, ends up being same size as stock. No worries with fitment. thanks for the help btw.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Looks good, I think I would have gone a little more aggressive on the tires though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks good, I think I would have gone a little more aggressive on the tires though.
I was going for more the street look as opposed to the off road look.
This was the most aggresive tread for this tire.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Where did you get the center caps? The whole thing looks great. The auction says no center caps are included.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where did you get the center caps? The whole thing looks great. The auction says no center caps are included.
I looked high and low for caps to fit the 110mm hub bore and could not find any, so I decided to make these wheels hub centric by having a custom hub ring fabbed (look closely and you can see them). Had the ring made thick to match the wheel thickness. After that it was easier to find a cap to fit the 78mm bore. found some here: Great British Cars: Superlite Medium Wheel Cap/Logo, Superlite Wheels
Just painted them black and clear and found the Nismo resin badges on ebay. Also had to send the rings out for powder coating to try to match the wheels, very difficult to match. the whole project was a pain in the a$$ but I'm very happy with the results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
not to bump and old thread but i've been looking for these wheels and cant find anywhere to buy??? what was the name of the supplier you used or seller name on ebay if that was the case? the link is long expired...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts