Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Doing brakes and rotors on all wheels and the rear rotor on the driver side moves but won’t come off.It feels like a spring is attached to it. The parking brake is not set. Any ideas?

Thanks for the Help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey everyone,

Doing brakes and rotors on all wheels and the rear rotor on the driver side moves but won’t come off.It feels like a spring is attached to it. The parking brake is not set. Any ideas?

Thanks for the Help

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Your parking brake pads may have Grenada’s and he spring or other parts have jammed the roster. Try a hammer with a metal round to pound it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Did any parts fall when you took it apart? Any pictures of the front or the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No parts fell while trying to bang it off with a hammer. I managed to get a look behind the rotor and looked like it might be the parking brake. Said screw and put the new pads on and made sure everything still works which it does. Going to take it to a local shop and have them do it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
2012 Pro-4X. About four years ago had the rear rotors / brakes replaced. My mechanic whaled on that rotor for close to an hour with a hammer before getting it off. Had to have the parking brake mechanism replaced. I was in the bad habit of never setting the parking brake, as I had a cable snap on my old Frontier stick shift while out of town. Just got out of the habit of setting it after that experience. They need exercised.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2012 Pro-4X. About four years ago had the rear rotors / brakes replaced. My mechanic whaled on that rotor for close to an hour with a hammer before getting it off. Had to have the parking brake mechanism replaced. I was in the bad habit of never setting the parking brake, as I had a cable snap on my old Frontier stick shift while out of town. Just got out of the habit of setting it after that experience. They need exercised.
Thanks for the heads up I will definetly do that now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts