Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a Rough Country 3” on my 20’ pro 4x. Install not too bad. Ride quality is really good. I think the new forged upper aluminum control arms are a great improvement to the kit.. I used some Amazon special shock extenders for the rear. No clunks over bumps or other issues..

I still need to get an alignment and eventually some 295/70 Falken Wildpeaks…

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just put a Rough Country 3” on my 20’ pro 4x. Install not too bad. Ride quality is really good. I think the new forged upper aluminum control arms are a great improvement to the kit.. I used some Amazon special shock extenders for the rear. No clunks over bumps or other issues..

I still need to get an alignment and eventually some 295/70 Falken Wildpeaks…
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks nice!
Has it affected steering a lot or a little?
Im getting an alignment tomorrow. We used camber gauges and tape measure to reset the toe good enough to keep rubber on the tires…

Overall truck doesn't pull and steers normal minus the steering wheel being in the 11 o'clock position when going straight!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
That would bother me too... Can't stand a crooked steering wheel.
I thought about a lift or maybe some offset wheels/tires but I am worried about faster than normal wear and tear.
I hope they can align it pretty close to specs..

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
That would bother me too... Can't stand a crooked steering wheel.
I thought about a lift or maybe some offset wheels/tires but I am worried about faster than normal wear and tear.
I hope they can align it pretty close to specs..
I’m sure they can get it spot on.

Clint

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have alignment issues you may need to add camber bolts. I recommend SPC brand because they have the most adjustability.
Thats what I put in.. I just had to “backyard” align it to get her to the alignment shop 80 miles away..

I like the spc cam bolts they allow for an extra bit of adjustment ability..

Its at alignment shop now we will see how close my alignment was to the actual “pro” alignment!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
The Wildpeaks are great tires, I put them on mine. They do great in the snow, assuming you respect the fact they aren’t true snow tires :)

In the wet, they do leave a little to be desired. Still a great tire, but mine slip a bit. I was dead set on the falkens for the Jeep when they come due soon, but I think I’m gonna go with BFG KO2’s instead.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I upgraded the sway bar end links to the White line HD. I was not happy with the way the Rough country end links mounted..

Do need to get a better alignment done. Camber is visually off on drivers side (too much positive)..

Tire Wheel Shoe Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Steering wheel was slightly off but I fixed myself by carefully cranking the tie rod ends.

I used an old school alignment shop that has an alignment machine from the 50’s..

The alignment itself looks and feels perfect.. zero pull or abnormal tread wear… steering wheel position was a tad bit off…

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Any issues with rubbing or other interference? I have the ICON kit and looking to go with that size but different tire manufacturer.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts