Nissan Titan Forum banner

Rough Country 3” Really Impressed

10K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  machell 
#1 ·
Just put a Rough Country 3” on my 20’ pro 4x. Install not too bad. Ride quality is really good. I think the new forged upper aluminum control arms are a great improvement to the kit.. I used some Amazon special shock extenders for the rear. No clunks over bumps or other issues..

I still need to get an alignment and eventually some 295/70 Falken Wildpeaks…

#12 ·
I, too, have their forged UCA's. I love em. I've got the N3 shocks in the rear with 2 inch blocks. RC 2 inch spacers up front with Bilstein 5100's on middle perch for 3 inch total. I love it. Got my alignment 2 days ago and it's wonderful. Didn't need cam bolts. Yours look great!

#4 ·
Im getting an alignment tomorrow. We used camber gauges and tape measure to reset the toe good enough to keep rubber on the tires…

Overall truck doesn't pull and steers normal minus the steering wheel being in the 11 o'clock position when going straight!!

#8 ·
Thats what I put in.. I just had to “backyard” align it to get her to the alignment shop 80 miles away..

I like the spc cam bolts they allow for an extra bit of adjustment ability..

Its at alignment shop now we will see how close my alignment was to the actual “pro” alignment!!!

#10 ·
The Wildpeaks are great tires, I put them on mine. They do great in the snow, assuming you respect the fact they aren’t true snow tires :)

In the wet, they do leave a little to be desired. Still a great tire, but mine slip a bit. I was dead set on the falkens for the Jeep when they come due soon, but I think I’m gonna go with BFG KO2’s instead.

#18 ·
Steering wheel was slightly off but I fixed myself by carefully cranking the tie rod ends.

I used an old school alignment shop that has an alignment machine from the 50’s..

The alignment itself looks and feels perfect.. zero pull or abnormal tread wear… steering wheel position was a tad bit off…

#21 ·
Very light rub on back of drivers side fender liner when making hard left turns.. Tomorrow I will move back the fender liner some… Seems there is about 3/4 inch of room between the fender liner and the pinch weld….

I did remove all the splash guards…

#26 ·
No I had good clearance. But know on some you MAY have to do light grinding. The kit even states some grinding may be needed…
I’ve done a few Nissans, F150’s and Chevys in the past and I’m surprised with the variances in the way the frames components are welded up….

#27 ·
I have the kit and will be installing it on Friday. I know the directions said that but I also believe that was with the tubular control arms and not the newer type. I also had to "figure out" how to land the studs by using the two nuts they shipped in the package of nuts for the spacers. Took a minute but I quickly figured it out. Of course there was no mention of that in the directions.

#30 ·
Also drove a few hundred miles today. On this route I normally get 19.5mpg and with the new tires I was getting 18.5mpg.

I was also using 8th gear. Leaving it in drive I was having frequent downshifts.. Also speedo is 2mph off at 70mph…… It’s really doing 72mph…

Ride is good these tires are much quieter and smoother that the stock General Grabbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.