Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myvtruck will not stop pulling.. I've done everything.. Anyone with same lift in Austin tx or San Antonio. I desperately need help

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pulls to the right hard. .. I feel it has something to do with rough country not putting the camber plate on the back side of cross members for the bolt washer to push up to. Only on front

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Is it the 6" RCX and did you get an alignment?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've owned this truck maybe 8 months. Bought brand new and put lift on at 5000. Now has 20000. I've done 6 alignments now. No lie.. I can't figure it out. Alignment was first thing done.. Wa

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
I'd hit up vilim about it. He has the RCX lift.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And yes it is the 6in rcx.. I'm pretty positive rough country only has 1 6inch kit for the titan

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
And yes it is the 6in rcx.. I'm pretty positive rough country only has 1 6inch kit for the titan
Yes they only sell one but you didn't originally say 6". I have the 3" leveling kit from them so I had no clue which one you had :confused:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK sorry about that. I'm going to go crazy cause of this.. . And thanks for the info.. I know I will never buy rcx again.. I've heard nothing but bad about them... Besides the shop that sold to me... Too warn everyone.. Do not use performance alley in Lewisville tx.. I've found missing washers, zip tied brake lines and backwards bolts.. They are complete crap

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
OK sorry about that. I'm going to go crazy cause of this.. . And thanks for the info.. I know I will never buy rcx again.. I've heard nothing but bad about them... Besides the shop that sold to me... Too warn everyone.. Do not use performance alley in Lewisville tx.. I've found missing washers, zip tied brake lines and backwards bolts.. They are complete crap
I haven't heard anything bad about the RC RCX 6" lift to be honest....and when it's the only other bolt on 6" (aside from two cuts) application, it'll still be the one I go with. It also "looks" taller to me than the pro comp or fabtech. I'm thinkin it's whoever that installed your lift that made this not work...

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
If your shop did such a crappy job, maybe they f'ed up the install...Lots of guys are running RC products without any issues

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I had the same exact issue when I leveled mine and installed cam bolts. It turned out that the original alignment shop wasn't adjusting the caster correctly(they tried to align it 3x and kept telling me it was good). Mine was so bad that if I let off the wheel I would have flew right of the road. Yes it was that bad. My arm was getting tired from counter steering. The second shop I took it to found that the caster adjustment was the issue and adjusted it into specs. They told me it took them a few tries and test drives to get it perfect, but at the end of the day they got it right the first time. They told me my T was one of the most difficult vehicles they had ever aligned. lol. I have read about other members having issues with getting it aligned. Also if you are missing that washer on the cam bolt that could be adding to the problem. That keeps the cam bolt from sliding side to side after adjustment. If you haven't tried a different alignment shop yet I would give it a shot. Like everyone is saying I haven't heard any issues with the rcx lift on our trucks.

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
I had the same exact issue when I leveled mine and installed cam bolts. It turned out that the original alignment shop wasn't adjusting the caster correctly(they tried to align it 3x and kept telling me it was good). Mine was so bad that if I let off the wheel I would have flew right of the road. Yes it was that bad. My arm was getting tired from counter steering. The second shop I took it to found that the caster adjustment was the issue and adjusted it into specs. They told me it took them a few tries and test drives to get it perfect, but at the end of the day they got it right the first time. They told me my T was one of the most difficult vehicles they had ever aligned. lol. I have read about other members having issues with getting it aligned. Also if you are missing that washer on the cam bolt that could be adding to the problem. That keeps the cam bolt from sliding side to side after adjustment. If you haven't tried a different alignment shop yet I would give it a shot. Like everyone is saying I haven't heard any issues with the rcx lift on our trucks.
Speaking of cam bolts, they don't come with the RCX or 3" level option. PRG only offers Pro comp, the bullet proof, and fabtech which come with the cam bolts at a discount. Did you get a set? That could also be the problem with the multiple alignments....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I totally agree fish but I can't find issues at all.. Trust me I have looked. Just the Lil things which showed they didn't care.. There is more issues with rcx from what I've seen then any other one.. And pro comp only 600 more.. Yes might sit half inch lower but really not that big of deal.. Dealership I bought from I ended up finding out does pro comp 6 in but only pro comp.. Wish I went pro comp.. Main reason.. Rcx is the only one that does not have weld on back side of cross members. Which means there's no way to keep bolt perfectly straight when adjusting camber.. That's ridiculous and cheap of them.. Not only that, there can bolts are not eccentric mwanig that only the front washer moves with the bolt and it is welded. The back washer is just free so it does not turn with bolt.. That's just being cheap of them.. Wish I knew all this before.. Please if anyone has this lift and can help.. Let me know.. Will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I have the 6in kit and it came with can bolts.. Just cheap ones.. Front washer is not grooved and removable.. It is welded.. And the back washer is just free and spins.. That's the type of short cuts rcx takes and why is cheap.. I stress the back cross member issue.. I feel that's a issue like there is LCa movement but can't tell. I'm about to strap my buddy in a harness under my vehicle and go for a ride.. Us ruffnecks are crazy.. Lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And Osiris.. I've been to 4 different shops for alignment. Couple the times it needed slight adjustment but no change in drive.. Next I'm going to put bilsteins and remount front spacer and see if helps cause I just do not know what to do anymore besides trade it in or drive it into incoming traffic.. Lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
yeah the cam bolts are ****ty that come with the lift. I had similar issues and was told by the guy doing my alignment to look into purchasing a different set of bolts so they could be adjusted properly. once I got the new bolts it fixed my problem and they could make all the adjustments correctly. Other than that ive never had any problems with the lift.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK jdub.. IMA try that next.. I bought one set once but they did not install because the front washer was smaller so they said I wouldn't get correct degrees out of it. But I'm going to do it anyways.. They said wouldn't make a difference but I beg to differ.. Jdub, does your cross members only have the weld the bolts push against on the front side and not backside of cross members.. Plus what way are the bolts facing.. Nut forward or backwards.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts