Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the following light set up from Rough Country (it’s actually a front license plate mount with 8” light but set up is the same) and I don’t want to use the cheesy switch they have and I would rather cut it off and wire up a rocker switch I purchased to put in a blank spot. The wires from the switch are black, blue and white. I assume black is ground, but which is power and which is to the light? Anyone do this and know?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pop open the existing switch to see what wire lands where...typically there is some type of indicator at the landing point.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So I just opened the hood, wired it to the battery and made sure it worked.
After I just cut the original switch off and wired it how I logically thought it was and it worked. Black ground, white power, blue out to light.

only thing was on the old switch the “off” light was lit just being connected to the battery with the car off. Wouldn’t that mean it’s constantly drawing power? The new switch doesn’t have an off light, it just lights up when you turn it on. I have the option to wire it to dash lights So it’s on when lights are on, but I probably never will.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I just opened the hood, wired it to the battery and made sure it worked.
After I just cut the original switch off and wired it how I logically thought it was and it worked. Black ground, white power, blue out to light.

only thing was on the old switch the “off” light was lit just being connected to the battery with the car off. Wouldn’t that mean it’s constantly drawing power? The new switch doesn’t have an off light, it just lights up when you turn it on I have the option to wire it to dash lights So it’s on when lights are on, but I probably never will.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts