Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night on my way home, I was on the highway and was forced to punch it to avoid a car (not redlined or anything crazy). When I got off and came to a light the truck was idling really ruff. So immidatly went to autozone and checked my oil/ air filter..etc. I changed my air filter just cause it was dirty. They're is no engine code. So far I've:
1) changed filter
2) did throttle /accelerator resets
3) cleaned MAF
4) cleaned throttle body
5) checked & added better clamps to vac lines (maybe some not so visible?)
6)changed spark plugs (ngk v-pwr)

In the past I've only gotten 1 code
Threshold in bank 2 (O2 sensor I think)

The idle isn't crazy undrivable ruff and happens in P-N-D & also is a little worst in park. I'm hoping someone can throw out some ideas on anything?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
You wore out a spark plug?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
You are in the wrong section, this is the 2016 forum...

·
Registered
14,137 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just in case someone else has a similar issue, in my situation it turned out to be a bad motor mount that destroyed the opposite side mount and the rear trans mount in one faul swoop. Due to the drastic change in one car ride I thought it was safe to rule it out, but it wasn't. The LH motor bracket (that bolts to the motor and suspends from the mount) was also pulled out. Which is a dealer only part that took them forever to get in. So if u suddenly get a rough idle or strong vibration, check them mounts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Similar situation recently. Turned out to be the valve timing solenoid on drivers side. Had both replaced because I figured if one went, the other was probably not far behind. I forget what code it threw but the symptom was a minor rough idle, especially noticeable when standing still.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts