Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my coolant flushed as part of regular maintainence. I spent 13 bucks on a bottle of Purple Ice. I sit in hot traffic in Houston and wanted to see if it works.

5 degrees cooler is what the readout showed. I dont' know if that will make any difference.

Plus RP is headquartered near Houston, so I figured I would give it a shot.

Royal Purple Radiator Additive

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Tastes REALLY bad mixed with Prestone anti freeze. Did not see any difference in cooling though.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
I run redline water wetter, but can't see a difference in factory temp gauge, i'm sure the only way to find out is aftermarket water temp guage...

Redline's 50wt racing oil is what i use in my supercharger and never had any probs, great product. Never used any Royal Purple but can't go wrong with either company.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Used it in an 85 bronco but like every else said could tell by the factory gauge.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I couldn't tell any difference on the temp gauge, however I did notice that the coolant reached operating temp in half the time it use to.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Its great if your running straight water. If your using the factory fill then the results will be marginal but it supposedly offers better corossion protection so that is always a plus. I ran all RP in my last stang. Did it make a difference at the track and dyno? Nope, but I was getting it at a heavily discounted price and it was piece of mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts