Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just browsing the RP site, and I stumbled on their ATF fluid. They released a newer version of their ATF fluid that is supposedly compatible with our transmissions. According to their site, it meets Nissan's Matic J specs http://www.royalpurple.com/techa/tranxref.html . I know what I'm getting when its time for a flush.:rockon

·
Registered
85 Posts
good news---thanks for posting about rp

·
Registered
220 Posts
Be careful, according to the site:, "Royal Purple’s Max ATF® is formulated exclusively for transmissions specifying a Ford Mercon® / GM Dexron® III type fluid." and in another place RP's site says:"Royal Purple Recommendation: Suitable/Preferred" where it lists MAX ATF next to Nissan required J fluid.

Personally I would wait until all factory/extended warranty runs out before making the change to RP. Kind of a "grey" area where one dealer might accept RP in transmission with problems and another one would tell you to take a hike.

When Royal Purple states that their new transfluid: "Meets or exceeds the manufacturer's requirement/recommendation for transmission fluid" I will change over. Until then or when the warranty runs out, only "J" fluid for me.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm staying with the Nissan stuff until 60k anyways, when I will do a complete flush. That way no dealership problems. But I remember checking the RP site before for an ATF fluid and I'm pretty sure it said "no RP equivalent." I just thought I would share and see if anyone wants to be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
392 Posts
That's the same RP ATF fluid that they've had for a while, they just added us to the list. I don't doubt RP's stuff AT ALL. But, as others have said, they still recommend Nissamatic J. "they" as in Royal Purple.

·
Registered
85 Posts
rp is held accountable for the J pact as idenified in their lit for recomending rp fluid---if i am reading their chart properly--- 9-7-07 release date

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I emailed them about the whole warranty issue, here is the reply:

"Max ATF can be used in a Nissan that specs Matic J, but it is not
warranty approved fluid. It does exceed the specs, just not recognized
as a warranty replacement. We would have to either make a copy of the
Matic J or use their formulation and we are out to out-perform the OEM
fluids."

So its better than Nissan's ATF, but isn't recognized as warranty replacement, go figure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:eek2: I'm 100% Royal Purple in my 2006 Titan. 5w30 in the engine, 75w140 in the diff, Purple Ice in the coolant and now I've added Max ATF Multi Spec in the transmission and I notice a difference mainly my trans guage-runs cooler and my trans shifts much smoother and yesterday I towed a water trailer around 3k and trans ran very cool.:sex0rs:

I use RP in all my cars, it is a quality product.:bangit:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts