Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These forums have helped me a lot since I bought my Titan, but this is my first post here so far. Lots of work to do on my truck, so I'm sure it won't be my last 😅
Apologies if there's another thread that addresses this specifically, but the only similar ones I found were significantly different from the anomaly I'm currently dealing with.
So, my 2004 Titan 5.6 had an issue a few weeks ago when I was idling, eating my lunch in my truck at work. I had been idling for about 20-30 min and I do this often (not great for it, especially in Houston heat, but it's rough out here and I need that AC in my life some days). Suddenly it started shuttering hard as hell and it rightfully frightened me a bit, so I immediately shut it off. It didn't start after that and only would after sitting for about 30 min- an hour. I drove it home after work and ran into the same issue when I got there and idled for a few minutes in the driveway. Read the codes and decided to replace the crank position sensor myself. All seemed fine but, the next day I ran into the same issue and couldn't make it to work. I took it to the shop and they changed the cam shaft position sensor. They said it runs fine now, but it's throwing a crank position sensor code now.. they checked it all and said it's fine but they can't figure out why the codes are coming up. They reprogrammed the two together, but no dice. So now I have codes that won't clear at the moment, which aren't a huge issue for me, BUT now, any time I'm accelerating the rpm gauge flutters rather violently up and down with a range of about 500 rpm and seems not to respond quite so accurately within this fluttering. Sometimes it'll be relatively accurate when I'm accelerating and sometimes it'll just stay fluttering around 2k, even though I'm gassing it. Doesn't seem to affect performance in any way, but it's significantly distracting, as I like to keep a pretty close eye on all my gauges and I'm just curious if anyone has run into these issues or found a cause or possibly a solution. Thanks in advance! 🤘

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
This is an odd one - fluttering gauges usually indicate a battery voltage problem. How are your terminals and especially the grounds?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts