Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own the Superchips for my Titan. The only mod I have not adjusted (tuned) was raising the RPM to idle at 1000. Right now it idles around 500.

How many of you folks who own the Superchips or Bullydog have raised the idle on their Titan?
If you have do you see a difference off the line? (not racing) just starting off at the green light do you get more response and quicker?

Patiently waiting an answer... NOT:teethmast:teethmast

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I'm an UpRev Osiris Tuner owner. Idle is typically 650-675 RPM (OEM), and can adjusted up or down up to 250 RPM with Osiris Cipher. The general consensus and advice from UpRev has been there is no advantage to raising the Idle aove OEM level. It will burn more fuel of course, and add heat to the TQ under idle. Drag Racing does not gain, as Power Braking is used. I have read several years ago of some Titans needing Idle adjusted after the Timing Advance was done, but I've done well over a hundred TA's and never saw it change. WOT removal is the biggest gain for Street Performance, not raised Idle.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Up/Rev recommended that i leave the idle set where it is.

Reactions: tuffmag

·
Premium Member
58,765 Posts
Why raise the idle speed? All it will do is build up heat in the torque converter.

Reactions: tuffmag

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks, that is exactly the info I needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts