Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking for an answer to hopefully an easy question. I got a Hunter bull bar see pic below and had a question regarding running the wires for the lights from the bull bar to the engine compartment.

I was under the impression that the wires could run through the bull bar so they are not exposed but that would not be possible without some drilling (which I would like to avoid).

How is everyone running the wires from the lights into the engine compartment? Is it just through the lower grill or is there another more stelthy apporach? I would like to avoid having wires sticking out of the truck at all costs (even if they are covered in wire loom).

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
161,486 Posts
^^^^Ditto. Just wrap them in some of the black, plastic wire loom stuff to keep it tidy looking.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^^Ditto. Just wrap them in some of the black, plastic wire loom stuff to keep it tidy looking.
Do either of you have any close up pics? The other concern is have have that lower grill insert which would have to be removed / installed any time I messed with them and it is a bear to take off (I have to paint it almost once a year due to rust :teethmast as it is)

I suppose I could put butt disconnects on? I have the lights coming tomorrow - the chrome KC Slimlights so I'll have a better idea once I get them.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
I think it sits out about the same...I've actually removed my skid plate on my bullbar so it's open like yours and it doesn't make a difference. I'll see if I can get some better pictures for you later.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it sits out about the same...I've actually removed my skid plate on my bullbar so it's open like yours and it doesn't make a difference. I'll see if I can get some better pictures for you later.
Much appreciated :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ps: What KC's are those? You happy with them?

I have the Slimlites coming tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
ps: What KC's are those? You happy with them?

I have the Slimlites coming tomorrow.
They're the Slimlites, I love them, they put out pretty decent light and I've had them for almost 3 years without a single problem.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They're the Slimlites, I love them, they put out pretty decent light and I've had them for almost 3 years without a single problem.
UPS just dropped mine off....love Amazon :D

Wow, these things are much thinner than the smaller diameter 50 series I originally got.

What model did you get (Driving / long range / etc.)? I got the long range and was under the impression that the light would be mind blowing - just "decent"?

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
UPS just dropped mine off....love Amazon :D

Wow, these things are much thinner than the smaller diameter 50 series I originally got.

What model did you get (Driving / long range / etc.)? I got the long range and was under the impression that the light would be mind blowing - just "decent"?
I got the long range ones as well...They do put out a long range beam, but I wouldn't say they are mind blowing :lol:

They're actually very good when used in conjunction with the high beams.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the long range ones as well...They do put out a long range beam, but I wouldn't say they are mind blowing :lol:

They're actually very good when used in conjunction with the high beams.
I was debating back and forth on the driving lights vs the long range. After seeing the beam pattern diagram for all the lights I decided to get the long range. The plan is to wire them up to my high beams so hopefully it will mesh nicely.

How is the color? KC is running a sale on the "super white" bulb because they are discontinuing it (the blue coated that looks whiter). As it is my silverstar high beams look yellow compared to my 4300k low beams.

If all goes well I will have them installed this weekend :)

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
The bulbs are pretty good, but they're going to look really yellow then because mine look yellow compared to my silverstar ultras.

They should be really easy to wire into your high beams...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts