Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on anther forum see if i can get any answers over here. I've been doing some cipher logs before putting my headers on.I got a 6.7 but i'm running lean in the 20's at idle and the 13's when in the gas.Should it be this high at idle ?by the way i'm running a AEM brute force intake.I've checked all connection and have tightened them.Going to put the stock air intake on and log it.
just put the stock intake back on and i'm getting the same readings 20's at idle.
i just put the stock intake on and stock map and i'm still getting the 20's at idle.I'm lost,guess i'll see if jared will answer the phone in the morning.I do have another map that he sent to richen it up a little.Going to go put the AEM back on until i hear something from jared
Thanks for any input.
This is a link to dawgbone's web site that i posted my cipher run you can download and look at it.Open for any ideas on what could be wrong.http://www.keepandshare.com/visit/vi...ge.php?i=56009

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
07 and cipher are not reading right is my guess. I have logged several and they are all the same...lean. But that cannot be the case as you would not be running 6.7's lean.

Did you add in your ECU part number?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
20:1 at idle is way too lean.....your WOT afr is still lean but not near as bad as you idle.

I would hope that Cipher isn't reading corectly....but if it is....that is way too lean man....your cats have to be hot as hell.....valves...cylinders....way too much heat.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randy, i did add the ecu part and took a mutual friend of ours for a ride "mark" he is the one that sujested putting the stock intake back on.Even with the stock intake and stock map i'm still getting the 20's at idle.I dont know if this is something that the 07 are doing.I'm just lost and want to fix this before putting the headers on.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Based upon my own data collection with my own version of Cipher and data logging a new truck off the lot I was looking at to purchase. I'd say with 98% certianty its a Cipher software issue. Setting up AFR with the Cipher software with the exact ECU part number does not work either.

So it is not the tune.....it is not the truck.....it's the software and every 07 data logging with Cipher.

Lets put it this way if Nissans ECU thought it was lean it would throw P0171 P0174 code.

Also go look at the service manuals. I'm posting these two graphs directly but I hope that one of the mods can correct the pics to make sure no laws are broken. IMO Nissan has new AFR sensor for the 07 and Cipher needs to be corrected.

While typing this I got an email from Uprev they are aware and are fixing the issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
So it's Cipher? you should go slap someone around over there. that stuff ain't cheap. then to be chasing ghosts around like that. you could have been bouncin some balls off the old lady instead of changing intakes.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Update on manual fix. UPDATE from post that Dbolmiss dropped in at MT:

Just an update for those who have 07 and cipher,Jared is on the ball.

Well, we don’t have the update ready, but here are the values for the conversion table.
2007 Titan O2 sensor.
V Value
0 10
.3 10.65
.7 11.4
1 11.75
1.3 12.2
1.7 13.25
2 13.95
2.3 15.3
2.7 17
3 18.65

OK, manual input gets a little tricky because there is a glitch in the user interface.
Go to the WB conversion under "Options" and highlight the sensor in the left column.
Click [Adjust].
Click on the ratio you want to update.
Use the up and down arrows on your keyboard to adjust the value to the left of the decimal point.
Use your right arrow to move the curser so that it is to the right of the decimal point. Type the digit for the 10ths. You will see the old 10ths digit moved to the right into the 100ths.
Use your right arrow again to put the curser between the 10s and the 100s digits. Type the digit for the 100ths.
Repeat for the other values.

Later,

Jared Ainsworth

·
Registered
71 Posts
Jared sent an email yesterday with the update, I believe all 07 owners should have gotten the email.

I already did some logging and sent it to Jared. It does look like it's reading it correctly. I will try and match it to what you have above RB. :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts