Nissan Titan Forum banner

Running rough after I put new o2 sensors in

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  dubyam 
#1 ·
So yesterday I put new 02 sensors in my truck ran fine last night and earlier today now it is running rough not like it normally does it also has a weird kinda shake like to it when I press the accelerator any ideas as to what it might be

#2 ·
Codes?

#4 ·
Well, start going through and resolving those items. You have a misfire, O2 codes, and several other things. Off the cuff I'd say check to see if you have cracked exhaust manifolds and do a compression check. You may have a dead cylinder and need a motor. Hopefully not.

#8 ·
Oil on the plug might not be rings. Depending on where it is (on the plug tip, or all over the plug body, it could be a bad seal at the plug on the valve cover. Solution there is to replace the valve covers (can't get the seal separately).

As for rings, if you tear into that motor before you do compression and leakdown tests, you're crazy. Diagnose it first, then start replacing things. Throwing parts at it is an expensive hobby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.